Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemical Exfoliators

• 11-08-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

(I did a search & nothing relevant showed up but if I've missed something really obvious, please point me in the right direction!)

I have quite sensitive skin, and am prone to acne, especially on my chin. Because of this I find I can't use most exfoliators as they have small beads/grains that tend to irritate my skin. I find that my skin sometimes gets a bit flaky but I think it's something a proper exfoliator should be able to take care of, just to get rid of any dead skin on the surface.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of chemical exfoliators I could try instead? I actually haven't been able to come across any in my local chemists but if I had a better idea of what to look for, I might have some more luck. (I actually didn't even know chemical exfoliators existed until recently!)

Any & all suggestions are much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

If you have acne prone skin you would probably want to use something with salicylic acid, sometimes called BHA's if I'm not mistaken.

Clinique clarifying lotion is the only one I know because it's the one I use (there are likely many others of varying strengths). I still enjoy a good scrub with a physical exfoliant once a week tho so maybe you want something a bit stronger, not sure. The Clinique one is about 20 euro for a nice big bottle that lasts me about 6 months.

Salicylic acid is fantastic at clearing blackheads too, so that's an extra bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think I've heard of the Clinique product before so it's nice to hear when it works for someone. I'll definitely look into it, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

For acne prone skin, I use Salysilic acid 20% about twice a week, and Salysilic Acid & Lactic Acid 20% about one or twice a month. I bought two 30ml bottle on ebay.com
    Do a search on ebay for salysilic acid face peels. The over the counter products in shops have very low % of salysilic acid and are not great, where as the real macoy works well but you maybe best to buy a bottle of 10% and use that first to get your skin used to it.
    I also use Benzol peroxide cream 10% every now and again. 10% is hard to find in shops so i source it on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I use clinque clarifying lotion no2 and I love it. Can't use it to often as I've sensitive skin but really gets rid of all the dead skin and dirt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Thanks a million for all the replies ladies, I'll definitely look into your suggestions! :)

Advertisement