Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toplid Eyeliner keeps smudging and not a crisp line: How to put on?

• 11-08-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have looked at eyeliner makeup tutorials online and tried to copy them, but when I apply eyeliner it keeps smudging on the top lid. It simply will not keep a crisp line.
    I have tried these ideas;
    1.Tried pulling back skin on eye
    2.Tried eyepencil
    3. Tried gel eyeliner and used the special brushes

Could the skin on the eyelid be too soft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Are you talking about on your top lid or bottom lid?

Do you mean transferring onto your brow bone or just not keeping a crisp line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I used to pull the skin taut but I'd always try to blink and end up with an uneven line. A trick I picked up from youtube (I think it was Pixiwoo?) is to tilt your head back so you're looking down into the mirror when applying liner to your top lid. It stops you from feeling like you need to blink when applying liner. I find it makes a huge difference & get a clean, steady line almost every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 j.l

You shouldn't pull the skin back, because that's not what your eye will look like when relaxed and the line won't look the same as a result.

The smudging could be down to oily eyelids - use an eye primer and a skin-toned eyeshadow in your crease to make it more matte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

This is how I do my eyeliner (the still frame on the front of the video doesn't look anything like what the results of the tutorial look like, not sure why he used it)

<3 Wayne Goss :)

I'm really bad with using pencil/liquid/gel eyeliners, I'll only sometimes use a pencil on my waterline. I always use powder from my top lid. This method doesn't require a steady hand like all the others The only problem with the above way of doing it is that you'll never get as nice a winged liner look out of it. Winged liner doesn't suit me tho so it's not really an issue for me. Not sure what look you are going for tho so it might be of some use to you.

On the very rare occasion that I do use a liquid eyeliner on my top lid I will usually go over it after its dried with a brush like in the video and some black eyeshadow. It softens the line up so it's not as harsh, so if the line isn't perfect it doesn't matter so much.

Advertisement