Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 Fares - Bus Eireann [16 Expressway Routes]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Beware that there is a time condition for travel which might catch a few people out

"Travel everyday between 10am and 3pm"

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Decent offer in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Online only between 10am - 3pm until October 31st

http://www.buseireannexpressway.com/
    How to Redeem

Buy a €5 Single ticket for off-peak travel (on services scheduled to operate between 10:00 and 15:00), on selected points across 16 designated Expressway Routes end-to-end only. Valid for travel between Tuesday 6th August and Thursday 31st October 2013 inclusive.
    You will receive your booking confirmation via email. This must be printed before travel and presented on-board to the bus driver before departure.
    Your email contains a MAC code identifying your order details, name and time of journey departure. The driver will check these details and issue your Single ticket.
    Offer is available now and travel must take place on or before Oct 31st, 2013. This is a limited offer and is subject to availability.
    Expressway €5 promotional fare is available end to end only, between the points listed on the 16 designated Expressway services as follows:

Cork – Limerick,
    Cork – Tralee,
    Dublin – Ballina,
    Dublin – Clonmel,
    Dublin – Cork,
    Dublin – Donegal,
    Dublin – Galway,
    Dublin – Letterkenny,
    Dublin – Limerick,
    Dublin – Sligo,
    Dublin – Waterford,
    Dublin – Wexford,
    Galway – Limerick,
    Galway – Sligo,
    Limerick – Tralee,
    Limerick – Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Done already :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I went to book now for October 12th and there's big bold warnings that the terms have changed and in October it's only valid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
    It's letting me select the date. Will I chance it or will they throw the ticket back at me in the Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I went to book now for October 12th and there's big bold warnings that the terms have changed and in October it's only valid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
    It's letting me select the date. Will I chance it or will they throw the ticket back at me in the Saturday?

If it is not a Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday they will not let you use it.

From the terms and conditions
    http://www.buseireannexpressway.com/
    Valid October dates: Tuesday 1st, Wednesday 2nd, Thursday 3rd, Tuesday 8th, Wednesday 9th, Thursday 10th, Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th, Thursday 17th, Tuesday 22nd, Wednesday 23rd, Thursday 24th, Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th, and Thursday 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

I have a ticket for a Friday, that was booked before they changed the applicable dates. I presume it will be valid.
    But it was given to me by a friend so doesn't have my name on it. Anybody know if they check your name when boarding??

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

depends, some drivers will ask to see id and some won't. i have been asked on dub-limerick, dub-galway but not dub-wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

So I wonder to they check the ticket against the actual booking name?
    Maybe I'll edit the name on the ticket before printing!

Advertisement