Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

650 brought out of hibernation...sound check

• 11-08-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I have just brought my Hyosung GV650 out of storage. It was parked for 4 years, maybe started avery 6 months.
    I forget how the engine sounded when idling and was hoping somebody here with a trained ear could have listen to a video I made?
    http://youtu.be/4DH-A5htW_Y

It sounds a little irregular with some intermittant knocking.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Oil level is ok but could do with a change.

Thanks!
    Wavey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Deffo change the oil as soon as you can after it sitting up that long

Id change all the fluids and give it a full service if it was me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, flush fluids (inc petrol), and new sparks I'd say she'd be right as. Iding a bit rough

bit of valve train noise, but could be normal enough for these (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 __Carl

I drive a GV650 myself as well, and I'd definitely say it sounds different than mine. It ought to sound a bit more "steady", in lack of better words. The suggestions for new fluids and spark plugs is sound one.

Tbh, it doesn't sound exactly bad, but simply uneven. Perhaps ad some form of engine flush when changing oil? That's what I did once I got mine, and it made a noticeable difference.

Advertisement