Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canteen cup

Options
  • 11-08-2013 4:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

Greetings.
    Im looking for a good quality STAINLESS STEEL!!! canteen cup to buy in Ireland. The usual army surplus online stores either have just aluminium or are out of stock on stainless and I would rather not buy from the UK and beyond.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Merci

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jagger242

Greetings.
    Im looking for a good quality STAINLESS STEEL!!! canteen cup to buy in Ireland. The usual army surplus online stores either have just aluminium or are out of stock on stainless and I would rather not buy from the UK and beyond.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Merci

Hi, if you're not in a hurry visit Salute- military show at the end of August, there'll be a lot of stuff for sale and slightly cheaper than usually. You might be lucky to find exactly what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Tabnabs wrote: »

No, i'm looking miself for second set. Never seen any in there, but there was a lot of cups from american canteen set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

jagger242 wrote: »
    Hi, if you're not in a hurry visit Salute- military show at the end of August, there'll be a lot of stuff for sale and slightly cheaper than usually. You might be lucky to find exactly what you're looking for.
    Thanks. Where does that take place. cant find nuttin online about it.

Last Saturday and Sunday of August. This year it'll be again in swords, at national show center or so( don't remember proper name of the place)- you definitely can find them on Facebook, or simply type in google "salute military show". They use to be nice event, but last year something happened and it was like second hand market. But anyway you'll be able to find what you looking for.
    ( can't provide you a link now cause writing from phone- if you still need it- i'll do it later tonight)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

jagger242 wrote: »
    Last Saturday and Sunday of August. This year it'll be again in swords, at national show center or so( don't remember proper name of the place)- you definitely can find them on Facebook, or simply type in google "salute military show". They use to be nice event, but last year something happened and it was like second hand market. But anyway you'll be able to find what you looking for.
    ( can't provide you a link now cause writing from phone- if you still need it- i'll do it later tonight)

Found it. i was spelling it Salut. Gone all French for some reason. Sound like a good day out before the evils of back to school!!!

Just in case that somebody interested as well here is the link:
    http://www.salute.ie/wordpress/ , also they have Facebook page. Entrance this year is 8 euro- adult, child- 5 euro.
    It use to be a really good family event with reenactments and a lot of tanks and rifles, especially kids will be impressed, but be ready that your wallet will loose weight.
    Just last time it wasn't as usually, hope they learned a lesson and will go back this time

Advertisement