Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Email account

Options
  • 11-08-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Does anyone know how long your UCD email account stays active for?

I have heard that there is a certain point where you lose your @ucd.ie email address whereas with the likes of Trinity etc you can have the email address indefinitely

I'm a masters student so have been here for a year almost now and i use this email address for correspondence outside the college so wondering if i need to send my emails to an alternative email address just in case

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

As far as I know, you lose it the October-ish after you finish your degree. So 2013 grads lose it this October - but maybe this is only for undergrads, as they're the only people I've heard say this.

However, as a student, you have an @ucdconnect.ie address, not a @ucd.ie one, assuming what you said is a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭squirestarter

yes i meant to say @ucdconnect.ie

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

UCD should really allow students to keep their address, even for a fee. Would be a good income stream for them. Don't know why they don't do it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

UCD should really allow students to keep their address, even for a fee. Would be a good income stream for them. Don't know why they don't do it already.

It's used as proof of educational status. Not sure, but I thought the account lasted for several months after graduation.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

It's used as proof of educational status. Not sure, but I thought the account lasted for several months after graduation.
    As far as I know, you lose it the October-ish after you finish your degree. So 2013 grads lose it this October - but maybe this is only for undergrads, as they're the only people I've heard say this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

When I graduated from my undergrad my email lasted all through the Summer. It was cut off when the following term started.

Trinity used to be even quicker to cut off maybe it's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

What if your doing a 5 year course split as a 3 and a 2 bsc. And masters. But taking a year out between the grad 3rd year an beginning 4th year? Will it still go after the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

When I graduated from my undergrad my email lasted all through the Summer. It was cut off when the following term started.

Trinity used to be even quicker to cut off maybe it's changed.

You can keep your @tcd.ie email for life when you graduate from Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Your UCD email account remains active for 90 days after your programme finishes apparently. I assume by 'finishes' they mean final result.

Advertisement