Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Here we go again what? Like the Irish rugby team all hype and no substance. we don't get save for an exception like 09/10 snowey winters in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Iancar29 wrote: »
    You do know that does not include Cork right? :p;)

+ Waterford ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Here we go again what? Like the Irish rugby team all hype and no substance. we don't get save for an exception like 09/10 snowey winters in Ireland.

I think the north of the island got a serious dumping last year, was there 10 foot in Antrim or somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

relaxed wrote: »
    I think the north of the island got a serious dumping last year, was there 10 foot in Antrim or somewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6tszQdmiPo

This video gives you an idea of the snow from last march in Northern Ireland.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/scitech/2013/03/26/helicopter-used-to-feed-snow-trapped-animals-in-northern-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

1987, 1985, 1984, 1982, 1978, 1973, 1962, 1958, 1951 etc.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

....... and the Mournes, I will never forget seeing them from Skerries in north Co Dublin last Easter, even from 50 miles away they looked stunning in the strong spring sunshine. :)

1987, 1985, 1984, 1982, 1978, 1973, 1962, 1958, 1951 etc.....

I was an '87 baby. Were you about to see the magic that year? When exactly did it happen? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

red_bairn wrote: »
    I was an '87 baby. Were you about to see the magic that year? When exactly did it happen? :D

I was fairly young back then, but I remember a few snowfalls in the 80s though, they were probably 87 and 85, was too young to remember the ones before that!

87 :

archives-1987-1-13-0-0.png
    archives-1987-1-13-0-1.png

poor mam had to put up with me and that weather! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

You are making me feel old so old:(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Aye they were the good oul days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Im going to go with the popular opinion.

By monday were going to be under 17 feet of snow by Wednesday its going to be minus 42 and well all die of frozen.

Why is it when we get a tiny bit of cold at night? In the middle of winter when its been unseasonably warm so far everyo looses all sense and thinks its going to be the worst winter on 50 years

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Why is it when we get a tiny bit of cold at night? In the middle of winter when its been unseasonably warm so far everyo looses all sense and thinks its going to be the worst winter on 50 years

The long-termers on here don't think like that anymore, maybe just the blow ins! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Great forecast from simon keeling. A lot of talk about cold weather staying with us and maybe just maybe if things work out, around the middle of December we MIGHT get some snowy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

@maquiladora I was born the day after those charts you posted! In England though. My dad had to walk to the hospital to be there because he couldn't make it in the car!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Great forecast from simon keeling. A lot of talk about cold weather staying with us and maybe just maybe if things work out, around the middle of December we MIGHT get some snowy weather.

Would you not at least post the video?

*Edit

Nevermind:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Snowing in Waterford.

Okay, Maybe not...
    I wish :(

Would you not at least post the video?

*Edit

Nevermind:

Iv tried to post videos from my phone but won't let me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Saw this on another thread thought it was funny278998.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What looked like being a real teeth chatterer is now flipped on its head. You just can't trust F1 charts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

12z GFS is basically 384 hours of high pressure for us. Settled chilly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

Mix signals, could go colder or more mixed signals.

Thanks to Simon.

Where are they getting this from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Guesswork based on a bunch of parameters, any one of which could change by 1% and so render the forecast meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

What complete and utter rubbish, I don't know what model they are running but they are misleading a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

I don't think there getting it from anywhere just making it up to get a bit of attention,

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

finnbob123 wrote: »
    interesting

It's 23 minutes long, what's the synopsis of it?

Is it just another long range guess cast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

It's 23 minutes long, what's the synopsis of it?

Is it just another long range guess cast?

he's going to come to a conclusion with what he thinks is going to happen and he says that his video isn't really much help :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement