Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ONe to watch for Saturday.

80-85kph gusts possible for all the country and then 120 - 130 kph for the West and NorthWest

284076.png

284077.png

If it wasnt for a lack of convective potential this would scream tornado potential .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

whitebriar wrote: »
    With polar air wafting down through North America in a somewhat stuck pattern now and this exiting into the North alantic to engage with the warm gulf stream,it's likely several weeks of wet /stormy weather are in the pipeline for Ireland now.
    Mt is right I think,it will be into the new year before any change to much colder could happen.Though I think it can't happen until mid January or later,which is later than mt reckons because of what looks like the persistence of the energy likely in the Atlantic.

same story every winter...:( always keeps getting pushed back until winters over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Graupel white out in the Galatasaray v Juventus match...game temporarily suspended...jealouss :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

13c today but everyone I saw today was wearing their woolies and coats, and it didn't feel mild, infact it was rather cold with the wind here today. I think the thermometer can give a false impression sometimes and other factors come into force, humidity or Wind chill maybe? I cant remember the last time I seen the sun, very gloomy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Champions league match in turkey abandoned due to heavy snow fall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The weather in North Atlantic set to turn very turbulent in coming period. Some really intense storms progged. None at this moment an immediate danger to Ireland bar that spell of very windy weather IanC has alluded to.

One to keep a close eye on as the chance of a really potent storm is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

The weather in North Atlantic set to turn very turbulent in coming period. Some really intense storms progged. None at this moment an immediate danger to Ireland bar that spell of very windy weather IanC has alluded to.

Sounds promising. As much as I enjoy the current fine settled weather, theres nothing like a good December storm to shake things up! Keep us updated weathercheck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Very mild in Sligo today 13.6c but want snow.

Maybe if I could hypnotise the weather on Christmas Eve a la Guinness Ad.

I still think it could get cold for a couple of days around 22nd to 24th but all the other days look definitely mild.

Now Evelyn Cusack cant say anything about Long Range weather people as MT predicted this ages ago and a lot of people here said December would be mild. Also a lot of the long range forecasters online predicted a mild December.

It can nearly be said for certain that for the next 7 to 10 days the winds will be from a Southerly or Southwesterly origin, yet Evelyn fails to recognise Long Range forecasts.

I know that the weather for 10 days time doesnt even exist yet but a huge area of High Pressure planted over Europe is blocking everything for the next month bar a few undulations (one on the 22nd me hopes)

However in spite giving out about Evelyns opinions that I dont agree with , she is the best weather forecaster on TV and I look forward to all her opinions and forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Snow in london now according to my iphone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

torres9kop wrote: »
    Snow in london now according to my iphone!!!

If your Iphone is saying that, Get another phone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No snow but it is a cold wintery morning here, 0C at the moment with freezing fog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

I think this morning's GFS upgrades the storm threat. Wind and rain set to dominate very soon regardless. This has been an unseasonably dry period we are just leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Could be windy the end of the month and colder... Please correct me if I'm wrong. I no it's away out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

If your Iphone is saying that, Get another phone. :)

London, Ontario more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballywhere

Hi all,
    Brand new here, but have been following weather threads for some years now.
    what's your feeling on accuweather? They are giving flurries in my area (Cavan) on 25th/26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ballywhere wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Brand new here, but have been following weather threads for some years now.
    what's your feeling on accuweather? They are giving flurries in my area (Cavan) on 25th/26th.

Hi Ballywhere , welcome to the Weather Forum :)

Sorry but i dunno where they got that from , slim to nill chances of a white christmas.. :(

No cold air dew to hit us . We need a few things for snow , one of the main things is 850hp temps to be -8C or below , cant see anything below -4 this month by looking at all the FI charts ( anything past 5 days )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hi Ballywhere , welcome to the Weather Forum :)

Sorry but i dunno where they got that from , slim to nill chances of a white christmas.. :(

No cold air dew to hit us . We need a few things for snow , one of the main things is 850hp temps to be -8C or below , cant see anything below -4 this month by looking at all the FI charts ( anything past 5 days )

I see what you did there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

For the 1st time since i built the house 15 years, I cut the grass today in December :eek:.

I know the majority are bored with the weather at the minute but im enjoying it, as long as its not wet i'm happy, although after the good spring, summer and winter so far, I'm expecting mother nature to punish us in some way soon, either snow and cold or atlantic monsoons, I hope its the Snow but i've a feeling it'll be the Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

hey just thought some of yew might like this video he's forecasting snow and sleet showers for around the 19th I think its unlikely but maybe just maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

there will be snow before Christmas this year. Ive hypnotised the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

You would almost get away with wearing a tshirt today. Wish we had snow but BBQ in December it is I suppose.

This has to be one of the driest years on record in Ireland. Amazing really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

You would almost get away with wearing a tshirt today. Wish we had snow but BBQ in December it is I suppose.

This has to be one of the driest years on record in Ireland. Amazing really

I was just thinking that this morning. I went to open the gates and hadn't put my coat on as I was getting straight into the car... the breeze almost felt warm :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

15.4c here at the moment! :eek: Somebody needs to the flick the winter switch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kkeating

Snow on Xmas day in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

I wouldnt be surprised of a 17c in the Dublin area courtesy of mr foehn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

This weather is helping keep heating costs down. Its great !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

For the 1st time since i built the house 15 years, I cut the grass today in December :eek:.

I know the majority are bored with the weather at the minute but im enjoying it, as long as its not wet i'm happy, although after the good spring, summer and winter so far, I'm expecting mother nature to punish us in some way soon, either snow and cold or atlantic monsoons, I hope its the Snow but i've a feeling it'll be the Rain.

Ya in reality it's not really something worth complaining about it. Mother nature (whoever that may be :confused: ) I doubt has any intentions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

16.1c here now. At least Buchan would be happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Positively balmy on the way to work this morning.

Literally double checked the date.

Did someone tie a rope onto Mizen Head and pull us down toward the Med or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement