Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

bit of wet snow in suncroft this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy here now. Sticking to surfaces

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

pad199207 wrote: »
    Heavy here now. Sticking to surfaces

Just rain in blackrock Dublin 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet/very wet snow mix now. Some big splodgy wet flakes. 3.1c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Wat are people's thoughts for the northeast coast getting snow in the next 72 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Thunderhail in Castlebar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Am at Dublin Airport. Thundery sleet shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Heavy snow shower here near knock airport for the last 10min,did not stick,clearing now

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Heavy snow shower here near knock airport for the last 10min,did not stick,clearing now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Heavy sleet and wet snow in malahide. First snowflakes I have seen though very wet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain turned to snow here about half an hour ago, some huge flakes, trying it's best to stick on grass and car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Lovely big flakes of snow here in Laois atm which has left a slushy covering on the cars and decking. Might only be the wet variety but still nice to see:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Shleet/wet snow in drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just cold cold rain here! Some sleet in it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light sleety rain shower

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Some pretty big flakes of snow here in Lusk... quite a surprise to look out at the rain and see it turning to snow, didn't see that coming! Not sticking at all but nice to see.

Some pretty big flakes of snow here in Lusk... quite a surprise to look out at the rain and see it turning to snow, didn't see that coming! Not sticking at all but nice to see.

Just rain and sleet here

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Graupel has turned to snow in Blessington, Co. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just watched the beeb forecast, it looks like there could be blizzard-like conditions in parts of Northern Ireland on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Brightening up now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably better I post this here rather than the other thread. I'm flying out of Dublin at 4pm on CHristmas Eve, then due back in on Stephens' Day just after 10pm. Looking at the other thread, there is potential for strong winds on both days. Just wondering what to expect? I'm not up on all these charts and technical talk :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Has anyone peaked one of the big mountains in winter when its blowing a gale at sea-level? Exposed peaks like Lug, Galtymore, Carrauntoohill, Brandon?
    I am half tempted to try Galtymore on Tuesday.

Snowing heavily here in the carlow end of Kildare ! Not sticking much but if it keeps up who knows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Heavy snow in North Kilkenny, grass and car is white, starting to stick to concrete surfaces now too.

Just rain in Blackrock :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

brightning up here now, slush still on grass not melting very fast so temperatures must be very close to freezing, looks like we could see some more chances of snow showers later. * Sun shining now

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Solar panels on roof this morning bringing in 35C water.. Nice sunshine..

Riverstick Co Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Has anyone peaked one of the big mountains in winter when its blowing a gale at sea-level? Exposed peaks like Lug, Galtymore, Carrauntoohill, Brandon?
    I am half tempted to try Galtymore on Tuesday.

My advice... don't. I did Lug this time last year in strong winds and heavy snow. Winds at altitude can be much more severe and relentless and combine that with freezing temperatures and you really have a recipe for disaster.

This was the summit of Lug

• Advertisement

freezing here now, even tho the sun is shining the slush has turned to ice on the car and windscreen is freezing over! Really wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near this cold!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement