Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is it looking like snow once again?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Certainly looks promising this morning, even if we do not get a direct blast of it soon, at least some cold air seems to be forecast to dig deep into Europe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

WikiHow wrote: »
    Is it looking like snow once again?

Yes! Someday it will snow. :)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yes! Someday it will snow. :)
    Someday this year? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

ECM0-168.GIF?08-12

Well well welll... Stunning...

Dan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Winter could be about to arrive with a bang :D

ECU0-192.GIF?08-12

Dan :)

Someday this year? :rolleyes:

Yes, my long range forecast is that somedy this year it will snow somewhere in Ireland. :) I just hope the Daily Express does not pick up on this! :P

Yes, my long range forecast is that somedy this year it will snow somewhere in Ireland. :) I just hope the Daily Express does not pick up on this! :P
    Are you the postman from Donegal? ;)

Are you the postman from Donegal? ;)

Sounds like it...but...no, I have not upturned any frogs or lifted any foxes tails. :p

Nice to see cold, somewhat, retreating from north America and building over Russia and into Europe.

A nice blast of snow be the business, 3 feet of it and to last for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I have opened a dedicated thread - hope mods dont mind / hope havent jinxed it!

I have opened a dedicated thread - hope mods dont mind / hope havent jinxed it!
    You prob have :mad:

....hope havent jinxed it!

Well...I was thinking that! :)

Might be a bit early? Hope not. Premature threads can lead to the usual...'you said it was going to snow and it didn't' type posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

blissfully peaceful and still here now. took the dogs down the lane around 6 am with the torch and rested eyes and ears in the utter stillness..

still have not paid Christmas visits so hoping to start tomorrow before the next drama hits..

for now, peace and rest....

Oh and while enjoying the snow etc, please keep the needs of old neighbours in mind. I am blessed with a good landlord and now I have communications back all is well here but many others are not so fortunate

Thank you

Well...I was thinking that! :)

Might be a bit early? Hope not. Premature threads can lead to the usual...'you said it was going to snow and it didn't' type posts.

Era it will give us something to talk about at an otherwise depressing time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    All Aboard the first Polar Express Roller Coaster of 2014 :)

Dan

I'm on... ticket in hand...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Hate to be a party pooper but let's have some realism :(

Not a hope.
    Very cold air also entering the Atlantic programmed possibly from the state's meaning storms out there will block any move of cold air west.
    Form horse would be for the cold air to have trouble getting past Berlin.

whitebriar wrote: »

Not a hope.
    Very cold air also entering the Atlantic programmed possibly from the state's meaning storms out there will block any move of cold air west.
    I knew it, we wont get any snow at all.:(

I knew it, we wont get any snow at all.:(

If it does get cold I look forward to the usual updates from people as to whether it is snowing in their locality, but particularly I look forward to yours given your boards' details/signature!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not a hope.

Is the states not falling into a more blocked pattern itself now ? or looking likely .

• Advertisement

Is the states not falling into a more blocked pattern itself now ?

Saw Bastardi's link to last night's ecm with a new surge of pv there around T10-15 so that a fair analysis of what it would mean.

All Fi but the two don't marry well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A slack easterly for a couple of days before a return to normality is all those mornings model runs are showing, it'll be nice to get a break from the storms but nothing worth getting excited about for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Finally gets there at +228

gfs-1-228_tbe3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep 06z pushes cold back out into deep FI, it may be a trend in the right direction but nothing interesting at reliable time frame....yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance for the East Coast

Harps wrote: »
    A slack easterly for a couple of days before a return to normality is all those mornings model runs are showing, it'll be nice to get a break from the storms but nothing worth getting excited about for the time being
    Yeah pretty much all that could happen if even that..if there's renewed cold fuel exiting into the western Atlantic.

It tells me though that the models are going to have a tough time resolving this so more mirage eye candy charts are likely prior to the inevitable disappointment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

It tells me though that the models are going to have a tough time resolving this so more mirage eye candy charts are likely prior to the inevitable disappointment I think.

It is a *little* more optimistic though (for us snow chasers) than the relentless muck charging in from the Atlantic...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Any chance for the East Coast

Depends, Boston or New York?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Yeah pretty much all that could happen if even that..if there's renewed cold fuel exiting into the western Atlantic.

Ah lads, it's not thaaaaat bad. Come on. Anyone can see the models are at least trending toward some potentially very interesting weather.

My interest has been piqued. This is the first real shot we've got this season starting to develop. In my experience we see about two of these chances develop in winter proper at most.

Enjoy it. Even if it is only an illusion ;)

But it's starting to look interesting from my point of view

I mean Snow in January? It just MIGHT happen....

#snow2014

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement