Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

looks like the east coast might have some hope on wednesday http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Temps dropping sharply now in the west.
    Snow showers imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

looks like the east coast might have some hope on wednesday http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

It doesn't mention snow for Wednesday there at all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It doesn't mention snow for Wednesday there at all

I think he was talking about
    Some wintry showers may occur also, mainly over high ground by day, but in other areas on Wednesday night, especially in eastern coastal areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

Just had a blast of snow and sleet for about 20 minutes here in Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Dry in South Dublin . Friend in New Jersey has 10 inches of snow , not fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting some wintryness in the showers here now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

What are the chances of some snow in Limerick tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First flutters of snow about 20 minutes ago on low land in Tipp, very excited 4 year old waiting for it to happen again.

Hailstones the size of marbles here! :eek:

• Advertisement

The bbc showed some pretty persistent snow for the Dublin Area for tonight :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Drove my mum to dunnes just now and it's so bad (rain, wind and hail) I couldn't get out of the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Fairly heavy wet snow here for last 10 mins,not sticking but looks pretty cool :pac: Mid Cork region btw

pad199207 wrote: »
    The bbc showed some pretty persistent snow for the Dublin Area for tonight :O

Only sun here in Dublin at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Sleety rain falling here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No one even bothering to comment on the charts anymore around here and I'm not surprised, grim viewing. One poster on NW (from Cork) said the charts "are very reminiscent to December" which doesn't surprise one little bit. Roll on spring which in Ireland means winter!
    Jan 4th V
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/2013/brack/bracka20131205.gif
    I agree. Expect to see a lot of charts like this one ^ later in the month, basically back to where we were before the stormy spell in the second half of December. If the summer is bad around the middle of July it will stay bad, if the winter is mild around the middle of Jan it will stay that way.
    The best we can hope for now is a "sting in the tail" winter - late Feb and March. I would love to be wrong and see a monster greenie or scandi but looking very unlikely unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Falling as wet snow now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

6pm today euro4 snowfall
    14012618_2606.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

14012618_2606.gif[/QUOTE
    Fantastic if this actually happens!!!

budweiser6 wrote: »
    14012618_2606.gif[/QUOTE
    Fantastic if this actually happens!!!

Wow this would be amazing and includes where I live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

No one even bothering to comment on the charts anymore around here and I'm not surprised, grim viewing. One poster on NW (from Cork) said the charts "are very reminiscent to December" which doesn't surprise one little bit. Roll on spring which in Ireland means winter!
    Jan 4th V

he won't last long on N.W. with that realistic interpretation of the models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Serious hailstones in west Galway. They hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

that 6z nae / euro 04 is seriously interesting. any chance of a sneaky proper snow event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Vile weather for the time being is right,we couldn't have anything else with all that cold air ,record cold air entering the Atlantic from North America.
    Today is a typical example of washed out returning polar maritime air that we are going to see again and again in the current pattern for the next couple of weeks on the back end of several Atlantic depressions.I don't see any change in the Atlantic energy field in that time frame and it's a reasonable guess that this pattern is set in stone until at least the end of February week two now with a few variations in the way it presents itself from time to time.
    Basic met Science.

There is too much emphasis here and elsewhere on looking at every single model run for this change,that change and the other.
    Until we get rid of North Americas severe cold spell,we are at nothing in Ireland looking for anything other that what we have in the next few days including our weak brief Ne feed .
    There's no need to give up hope if it is cold strong enough for coastal lying snow you want,but as it stands,you will need to be seeing something very severe to the east or northeast heading west towards the end of February and into march now and that's hens teeth territory.it might happen,but the later it happens the stronger it needs to be.
    It can fuk off if it presents itself the way it did last year in my opinion.

As for the short term,the next couple of days,those of you on low ground(99.9% of you) if your not happy with the sleety mix you'll get (which will include some wet snow at times),don't moan,just head up above 800 ft and get your fix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

It doesn't mention snow for Wednesday there at all[/
    never mentioned snow

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Whiteout up here at the mo, was nothing 20 mins ago now every thing covered, has dropped 5 degrees in 35 mins. currently 0.1C recent gust of 41.8 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hailstones

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Hail in Clondalkin now. It suddenly went so dark around five minutes ago, and the wind has just picked up. My sister mentioned snow in Naas a few minutes ago too?

Just had a nice squall of hail and a bit of snow here. Stunning skies behind it

• Advertisement

Stunning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement