Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Both HIRLAM and GFS have a slight snow potential for high ground in NW & N as that (potentially) active trough passes over later tonight. 925 mb (approx 750-800m) temps not great: GFS 03z chart (red = 'snow potential')

293165.PNG

New Moon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Eh, just in case the snow gods are listening in...

snow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Snow one loves Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Snow one loves Dublin!

Snow one loves Wick-low areas too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A further warning has been issued from met eireann for Donegal with an Orange status and states rain will fall as snow tonight and stay falling as snow above 500ft followed by wintry showers. 3-6cm possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

I presume the east is going to escape the wintry weather yet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

It'll most likely be in the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No where in Scandinavia below freezing, everywhere west of Moscow above freezing - just about sums up "winter" 13/14.
    PS. oh, I see a -1c in the mountains in Norway.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

There was snow on the mountains by North Kerry this morning, Wonder would we be getting any snow? there does seem to be snow forecast by Kerry according to Met Eireann but what do ye reckon? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately yes, maybe a few flurries on mountaintops if there is precipitation around. We need an easterly for anything worthwhile to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    unfortunately yes, maybe a few flurries on mountaintops if there is precipitation around. We need an easterly for anything worthwhile to happen.

I'm going to take a punt that you have lying snow by Wednesday morning !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Dublin usually sees a few stray showers in these situations, sometimes none at all, with the heavier stuff dying out over the Naas area. However, with a stronger sun and v unstable air I can see there being a few decent showers tomorrow which is still nice to see.

As other posters have said, I think that higher areas of Mayo, Sligo and Donegal will start seeing some interesting action even before midnight.

Tomorrow is looking seriously cold with a good bit of lying snow too!!

14021115_1012.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm going to take a punt that you have lying snow by Wednesday morning !!:D

I hope your right! I would even settle for 1 dusting at this stage so that at least I can say ive finally seen some lying snow this winter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Tomorrow is looking seriously cold with a good bit of lying snow too!!

14021115_1012.gif

is it sad that i'm getting a little exited that there's a little blue spot near cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Whst are the chances of lying snow in Limerick tonight?

Here is the latest prediction for lying snow Wednesday 6am from high res EURO4

14021206_2_1012.gif

Whats the chances of snowfall in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Murdig. Looks like there is a good chance on higher ground. The likes of ballydesmond and hilly areas who usually get it when its marginal. Maybe not in the initial band this evening but in the showers that follow on after

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

i think that cork might miss out again I think this best shows the magical shield uksnowrisk.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Obviously, it's not going to happen.

293206.PNG

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Level 1? Met.ie have orange warning of snow for Donegal and yellow for Connacht etc. What do you guys think? Imagine a orange snow warning for Dublin it would be nuts in here just goes to show how much of a happening place Donegal is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

These snow events are little teasers that keep us fools thinking the mother load will come. But no lying snow and no ground frost in Dublin 4, I don't think I'll see snow on the ground this winter.

Some storms tho! Looking forward to Wed/Thur storm.

When should we expect anything round the south west?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Weathering wrote: »
    Level 1? Met.ie have orange warning of snow for Donegal and yellow for Connacht etc. What do you guys think? Imagine a orange snow warning for Dublin it would be nuts in here just goes to show how much of a happening place Donegal is :p

I cannot wait :-)

Finally get some use out of all that snow gear I've bought in lidl over the years......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

IMO precipitation might even start off as sleet/snow straight away in places like Knock Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Netweather extra radar is picking up sleet showers in that rain mass over Mayo

Murdig. Possibly sleet on higher ground from 9 on and when that clears around midnight expect sleet/snow showers to follow on a couple of hours after and continuing for most of tom. 80per cent chance of moderate snowfall accum in hilly areas I reckon and possible 50 percent at low level possibly accumilation for small period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Is there a chance of anything interesting with the current band of rain approaching or will it be later on before stuff happens?

• Advertisement

Depends on where you are and high up you are. Def north west and possibly mon and cavan most likely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement