Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Thanks Kerrycork13

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

patneve2 wrote: »
    IMO precipitation might even start off as sleet/snow straight away in places like Knock Airport

Well I live beside airport and we had heavy snow this morning so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Is there a chance of anything interesting with the current band of rain approaching or will it be later on before stuff happens?

Not much for the south and west but further north it will produce some snow as temp will be lower there. Its currently 5.1 here in galway so no snow this side of 12. But after this band of rain temp will fall and showers will follow and may produce some white stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Can I just double check that everyone has their cameras/phones charged? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Heavy rain gusty winds starting in cork city now. Gonna messy for a few hours but hopefully when this clears we might just might see a few flurries most likely tom aft id say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

eastmayo wrote: »
    Well I live beside airport and we had heavy snow this morning so here's hoping

Well if you don't get it tonight you'll get some showers tomorrow for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

RTE weren't saying much about snow.
    Are you sure it's coming and how will west Galway fare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Red Pepper wrote: »
    RTE weren't saying much about snow.
    Are you sure it's coming and how will west Galway fare?

Snow/sleet showers from about 6am onwards. Accumulations above 100/200m, maybe lower if showers are intense enough

There isn't a high chance of seeing much if any in the lower areas of Kerry I reckon. What do you think? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Front is turning to sleet and snow in places. currently showing snow falling around the Tubbercurry area in sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

pad199207 wrote: »
    Front is turning to sleet and snow in places. currently showing snow falling around the Tubbercurry area in sligo

I'm about 12 miles away and higher up no sign here yet - very cold with clouds coming over the moon. Mind you it could be raining a half a mile away and dry here so that's not much help to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

very windy here in west cork with heavy rail and rain showers.

nat-tomorrow-pff.gif
    rte weather for tomorrow

and as usual noting here in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

finnbob123 wrote: »
    nat-tomorrow-pff.gif
    rte weather for tomorrow

I like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

nat-tomorrow-pff.gif
    rte weather for tomorrow

and as usual noting here in cork

noticed that :(:(

Does seem hopeful for Kerry though! :)

:confused: just saw the end of the nine o clock news it shows a snow cloud right over cork so im very confused now.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

:confused: just saw the end of the nine o clock news it shows a snow cloud right over cork so im very confused now.:confused:

Wintery showers will be piling in from the west once the front clears, heaviest and most frequent in the north west though everywhere in the western half of the country will likely see a few showers. They'll likely die out over land but still a chance a few will survive to eastern areas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town - Dry for now - Temp 1.0c DP 0.9c
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Roundwood in Wicklow could be in for a decent fall tonight perhaps, certainly going to get snow, whether it settles or not will be close.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Certainly looking good for high ground around there Supercell...

Latest radar prcip type and dps. That -3 will rise though once the band hits.

293247.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

4.2C here in galway atm moderate rain.

my weather station is reading exactly 0.0 degrees and where getting heavy sleet showers here in west cork

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Is it likely Limerick will get some accumulating snow tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

my weather station is reading exactly 0.0 degrees and where getting heavy sleet showers here in west cork

Has to be wrong , cork airport reading 5C

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Has to be wrong , cork airport reading 5C
    you would think that but where I am where looking across the valley and down at cork airport you'd swear we where up a mountain. but I do get the feeling it needs to be re tuned its after taking a fine battering from all this wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

It started snowing here ten mins ago , have had lying snow all day from the heavy shower this morning (about inch and a half)

currently 1.2C. D.P -2.6 humidity 76%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It started snowing here ten mins ago , have had lying snow all day from the heavy shower this morning (about inch and a half)

currently 1.2C. D.P -2.6 humidity 76%

You up in the mountains or is that a silly.question mountainy man? I'm only about 250 feet above sea level haily here now.

• Advertisement

Winds really picking up here in the last half an hour temp still dropping 3.8 now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement