Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Pretzill wrote: »
    You up in the mountains or is that a silly.question mountainy man? I'm only about 250 feet above sea level haily here now.

Yep 255 asl, not that high in the grand scheme of things but enough for a fair bit of the white stuff whenever its about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Mods can we have a level 1 snow risk for the North West. Met Eireann have a orange warning for Donegal as we know. I feel if someone from Donegal saw level 1 snow in active topics it may prevent them from taking unneccasary journeys. After all it is Orange I'd hate for someone to be caught out unaware. Thanks

Donegal isn't called the forgotten county for nothing ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

In Sligo Town lashing rain and very windy booooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Anyone know what the current DP is in Roundwood? Thinking it might be too high right now for snow. Current DP 2.5 in Ashford in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town 11:00pm - Temp 1.6c DP 1.5:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

22.52: 1.2C. D.P -2.6 humidity 76%

23.15: 0.9C. D.P -1.7 humidity 83%

still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Lashing all evening in Cork....pretty windy too

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Its extremely windy & lashing rain in tramore last hour, its also very cold fecking mad wearher, roll on summer heatwave plzzzzz😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Wind has come from nowhere in the last couple of mins(nth meath border). Really beefy gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Anyone know what the current DP is in Roundwood? Thinking it might be too high right now for snow. Current DP 2.5 in Ashford in Wicklow.
    My maplin station is showing a temp of 3.4 and a dew point of 0.7, both going up. I'm bailing on it for tonight as not seeing it for the early part of the night, but will be listening for a (lack of) traffic when the alarm goes off in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

not sure if it's snow or i'm just seeing things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think it's raining just about everywhere except higher ground, rain just about to hit me soon. Temp up to 4C now from 1C earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think it's raining just about everywhere except higher ground, rain just about to hit me soon. Temp up to 4C now from 1C earlier.

Indeed as expected.

Temp now

14021100_1012.gif

Temp @ 9am,

14021109_1012.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Very strong winds in Cork harbour for the last couple of hours. Equal of most of the wind storms this winter, with the exception of Dec 26 and Feb 3. Also driving rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Gerry very diplomatic on radio 1 forecast at 11.55 pm. A dusting of snow just about anywhere!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Started of as rain 10 minutes ago, readily turned to snow albeit wet snow (Donegal)
    Huge flakes now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Lashing all evening in Cork....pretty windy too

And it's very calm, clear and quiet this morning.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

No snow in Cahir, and none on the lower slopes of the Galtees. Combine that with having to go to Cork at 10.30... don't think I'll see a flake today!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

There's. Snow lying in the north cork area. But not much elsewhere in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Hail shower here atm 2.3c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

gugsy wrote: »
    Hail shower here atm 2.3c

Here!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

What looked like a big snow shower passed in west Galway but it only dropped a few light small flakes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I can see some snow on the peaks of the Dublin mountains but that is hardly unusual at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'd guestimate that the snow line on the mountains around us near Roundwood is 350-400m.

Here!??

Oughterard

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Kippure is completely white after spending the whole day yesterday shrouded in low cloud.

I'm calling that another snow day for Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Snow just outside Ballincollig in Cork !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Kippure is completely white after spending the whole day yesterday shrouded in low cloud.

I'm calling that another snow day for Dublin ;)

I'll bring the tops of the bins and you bring the soup.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    What looked like a big snow shower passed in west Galway but it only dropped a few light small flakes. :(

Thats because it left it all in moycullen. The place was white when i drove through the village this morn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

gugsy wrote: »
    Thats because it left it all in moycullen. The place was white when i drove through the village this morn.

Oh wow, I must drive to Moycullen later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement