Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise and vibration level of DART line along Grand Canal Dock station

Options
  • 11-08-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, Can anybody please help me to get an idea of the amount of noise and vibration level from passing DART around Grand Canal Dock station?

I'm currently looking at properties in the area, particularly around South Lotts Road, Bath Ave, Grand canal street upper and Barrow street. Just wondering if you can feel the vibration in ur apartment? How regular the DART passing by and if there is any train using the rail too?

Some friends says you will get use to the noise after a while, how is your experience? Can u get used to the vibration? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

At various times, I have lived near the Dart line and under the flight path of the (lesser used) 16/34 runway at Dublin airport and after a week or two, had no problems getting used to the noise of either. Unless you're a very, very light sleeper (which I'm not) you should be fine.

I wasn't close enough to feel the vibration though, can't say if that's a problem but I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mrshaha

Anybody knows if the dart whistle when it is entering the grand canal station? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Why did you make a new thread when you could easily have used the DART thread that you posted in yesterday?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85951390

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mrshaha

I thought to make it more specific location, so I will have more accurate information?

Advertisement