Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Painter Request..and going rate?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Need to paint a bedroom, including ceiling. Was going to do it myself, started ceiling and lost will to live fairly quickly.

So many painters on gumtree etc, but I don't want a cowboy in my home. Don't want to pay a fortune either, this wasn't going to cost me anything other than supplies ;) Any recommendations and guideline price? It's a 13 x 13 bedroom with three doors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I got a local guy to paint the outside of the house and he did a great job so I got him back to do several rooms for me. He's the husband of a girl I work with, but he had previously done some painting for my boss and he was very happy with the work. He charged per day, but I can't remember how much. I'll PM you his number as it's a mobile and he may not want it plastered all over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Need to paint a bedroom, including ceiling. Was going to do it myself, started ceiling and lost will to live fairly quickly.

So many painters on gumtree etc, but I don't want a cowboy in my home. Don't want to pay a fortune either, this wasn't going to cost me anything other than supplies ;) Any recommendations and guideline price? It's a 13 x 13 bedroom with three doors.

Walls, ceiling, doors and skirting? White gloss on the doors / skirting ? 3 doors in a bedroom :eek:

Cheaper if it's just the walls and ceiling of course. Is it a drastic colour change or subtle ? Also, is it in good nick or is there a lot of patching / filling to be done ?

Advertisement