Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rook piercing stuck

• 11-08-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

I have a rook piercing for many years always cleaned properly and looks good but the time has come where I don't really want to have it in anymore.

I want to take it out. The problem is that it's just stuck or I actually have no idea how to take it out so it might not be stuck... I might just be doing it wrong. I don't want to be too forceful because it's in that thin part of the ear and it can probably be ripped out easily?

Can anybody please advice me the best way to take out one of those rings with a ball? The ball has two holes that the ring slots into so it should just be pulled out?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A good piercer screws those things in tight! If you can go back they will take it out for you easily.

Only other safe option is if you have a tiny pliers yourself to gently force the ring apart from the ball. If you have a very trusted friend you could ask them to try with a tiny scissors, don't do it yourself, ear is a funny angle to get at. Little pliers with plastic over the edges really is the best method.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Ideally, just pop into a piercer.

Otherwise, just use scissors. The ring is holding the ball using tension so you just gotta bend the ring so that the ball can fall out. Piercers use special pliers, but putting a scissors inside the ring also works. It'll scratch the ring, but if you're taking out the piercing for good that won't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Small pliers or scissors work alright, but if the ring is small and awkward to reach, slipping can be a danger. What you can do is pop into a pharmacy and get a pair of latex/nitrile gloves for a few cent and try to remove the piercing with those on. It's always made it much easier for me to get a grip on stubborn piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Thank you very much guys for the replies!

Advertisement