Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch IT Cisco CCNA September

• 11-08-2013 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Everybody (Doctor Nick from The Simpsons voice)

I am starting the Cisco CCnA course this September in Blanch just want to see if anyone else has finished the course in Blanch last year or previously. How hard is it? I have done Network + so i have the basics I know the Cisco course will be much more in depth and intense

How did you find finding a position after the course and were there internships?

I have been looking for a position as a Network Admin to start while I do the course I'm currently in Desktop Support

Any advice would be much appreciated.

It would also be good to hear from other people taking the course this year

Thanks. Michael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I am starting the Cisco CCnA course this September in Blanch just want to see if anyone else has finished the course in Blanch last year or previously. How hard is it?

It's pretty easy. Shouldn't have much trouble. It's very straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mickmcmahon

KonFusion wrote: »
    It's pretty easy. Shouldn't have much trouble. It's very straightforward.

Cheers. I'm more interested in what happens after the course it seems impossible to get into Network Admin roles without experience. How long ago did you do it? And did you find get a position? What are class sizes tutors erc like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Cheers. I'm more interested in what happens after the course it seems impossible to get into Network Admin roles without experience. How long ago did you do it? And did you find get a position? What are class sizes tutors erc like?

Afraid I can't answer with much help. I did it as part of the degree course and went into a totally different field.

I like Kon, done it as a computer science degree. It's easy enough. I didnt bother going through the Cisco test and get certified.

However, not many companies will hire a network admin with just CCNA. My guess is you would need a minimum of CCNP which is a more difficult course.

Advertisement