Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to transfer MS Office 2010 from windows PC to Mac

Options
  • 11-08-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have microsoft office 2010 installed on my windows laptop, and I’m getting a new laptop which is a mac.
    I was wondering is there any ways to transfer MS office from my windows laptop to my new mac laptop? Maybe by using the product code or is the windows different to the mac?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

No, you'll have to buy MS Office for Mac again.

Microsoft changed the licensing policy with Office 2013 but with MSO 2010 you're SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 82,885 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

unless you have windows running on the mac anyway. Which if you don't, theres no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

Well worth looking at Office 365 as you can install Office on both PC and Mac at the same time for one subscription. Plus a few other benefits. Sub costs about EU99 per year. Good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Open Office and open doc files and docx files. Office for Mac don't waste your money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Open Office or Libre Office are not viable if you are a heavy / advanced excel user... its just not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,885 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

365 subs also grant use of the mobile apps for iOS and Android, which are now finally available.

Advertisement