Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Moore advice

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place. Just pondering i notice a lot of changes in my fish lately they have got their white spots so happy to have three males, but noticed and excuse the rudeness but i have a smaller black moore he doesnt tend to grow, but lately his butt seems to have this kinda bulge to it.. Anyone know what this is about it is just that he/she is growing or something else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's hard to tell without seeing it, any chance of a photo?

Are these the fish you have in the 15l tank? I saw you're looking for something bigger, you should be able to pick up a secondhand 200l on Adverts or Donedeal for a couple of hundred euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep tis one of the chaps in the tank here are a few pics haha that was fun asking himself to take a pic of the fishes arse 9490262914

photostream

A few hundred ahh I defo could not afford that at the moment

I can't help with the lump, unfortunately. Hopefully someone with more experience with goldies than me can help out. Do you check the water for ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite? Increase the frequency of your water changes, clean water is one of the best medicines.

I'd recommend that you start to save for a new tank. Fancy goldfish get to about 9" and regular ones grow to over a foot in length so you're going to need a much bigger tank before too long.

Tis an odd one. I was maybe thinking tis a she and perhaps spawing but not too sure maybe he/she is finally growing as it is the smallest of the fish and has not grown much since I got it.

Ah im jinxed I thought goldfish like you do with a kid will stay in a smallish bowl for ages, not at all 4 - 41/2 years later they haven't stopped growing haha :) . We don't really have the space for a huge tank, well just have to upgrade to a bigger house

thanks for taken a look at this for me, much appreciated

Yeah, we're all taught that as kids, shameful really. They'll keep growing for another 10 years or so. If you really can't afford a tank see if you can rehome the standard goldfish to someone with a pond, they'll be much happier. You could probably get away with a 100l for just the Moor.

• Advertisement

haha he will be the size of the tank I have now. I really want to keep them but this might be my only choice. I did rehome one I nick named the b**** as she attacked the others. Put her in my parents pond I couldn't [put them back with her she was a nasty fish..

Advertisement