Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email cancellation address not working

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I spent 30 mins on hold to waiting to talk to cancellations on Friday to be just given an email address phonecancellations@eircom.net, which i verified 2/3 times with the agent on the phone
    I have tried to send this several time over the weekend, also tried phonecancellations@eircom.net broadbandcancellations@eircom.net and broadbandcancellation@eircom.net all fail??? 

Was i given the wrong email of phonecancellation@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I think the email should end @eircom.ie (not eircom.net)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DeMonch

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I think the email should end @eircom.ie (not eircom.net)
    cheers tried that too just iicase and it failed to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

so did you get an email address to cancell service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

horse7 wrote: »
    Hi  horse7

We need to request customers to call cancellations first as:

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1901 (option 4 - option 4 again). Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

If a customer sends an e-mail (even to the correct address) without contacting eircom first. The cancellation may not be processed.

Thanks, Mark

Hi  horse7

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1901 (option 4 - option 4 again). Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

If a customer sends an e-mail (even to the correct address) without contacting eircom first. The cancellation may not be processed.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not  send it till 30 days before my contract  is  due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.

• Advertisement

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not  send it till 30 days before my contract  is  due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.
    Hi horse7

There are different cancellations process depending on which providers customers may be moving.

Which is why we always ask customers to check with cancellations first.

Did you agree to stay with eircom based on the incentive you were offered?

Mark

Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not send it till 30 days before my contract is due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.
    Hi horse7

There are different cancellations process depending on which providers customers may be moving.

Mark
    no,did not agree to stay,so is there a problem sending a letter today as my end of contract is in december,and i apparently do not have a choice of sending an email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not  send it till 30 days before my contract  is  due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.
    Hi horse7

Mark
    no,did not agree to stay,so is there a problem sending a letter today as my end of contract is in december,and i apparently do not have a choice of sending an email?

Hi horse7,

Yes you only send the cancellation letter 30 days before the contract end date, we do require in send in by letter I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not  send it till 30 days before my contract  is  due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Yes you only send the cancellation letter 30 days before the contract end date, we do require in send in by letter I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey
    so i can send in my letter now as it is 30 before my cancellation.

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

You can request a specific date (after the 30 Day notification period) on the letter. If you do not want to have it done exactly 30 days from when you called.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

You can request a specific date (after the 30 Day notification period) on the letter. If you do not want to have it done exactly 30 days from when you called.

Thanks, Mark
    thanks, if i stay with eircom is it a 12 or 18 month contract?

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    thanks, if i stay with eircom is it a 12 or 18 month contract?

No problem. There's a 12 month contract for standard broadband and phone service or an 18 months for eFibre service.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Well I hope this does not come back and bite me, if it does there will be war!

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057032426

eircom Tracey sent me this "Yes you can cancel both in the same email, it is a 30 notice period. Send it to phonecancellations@eircom.ie" via PM

I presume by following her instructions (which I did) that I gave eircom my full intention to cease my contract in 30 days.
    I was not told I needed to make an additional cancellation phone call.

Time to cancel the DD I think.

Well I hope this does not come back and bite me, if it does there will be war!

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057032426

eircom Tracey sent me this "Yes you can cancel both in the same email, it is a 30 notice period. Send it to phonecancellations@eircom.ie" via PM

I presume by following her instructions (which I did) that I gave eircom my full intention to cease my contract in 30 days.
    I was not told I needed to make an additional cancellation phone call.

Time to cancel the DD I think.

Hi Neil_Sedaka,

I have checked your account it has been ceased as of the 14/10 for broadband and 21/10 for the line service. The other service provider requested to take over your account from these dates.

Your final bill will be issued in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    thanks mark,can you check my cancellation please.

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Can you confirm you requested to cease the telephone number 01 82xxx1

Can you confirm the date / time stamp on the e-mail you sent as well please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi,

I got your PM thanks. I sent a request to cancellations to check directly.

I will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Mark

Hi  horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

As I advised previously on this thread we require customers to call cancellations before sending an e-mail or letter. A manager in that department could not find a record of the call. Which any letter or e-mail request may not be processed if the customer has not spoke to the retention team.

Can you confirm that you did call them first before sending in the letter?

Mark 

Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not send it till 30 days before my contract is due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract.
    Hi horse7

Mark

Hi horse7,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi horse7

Thanks, Mark
    Hi horse7

As I advised previously on this thread we require customers to call cancellations before sending an e-mail or letter. A manager in that department could not find a record of the call. Which any letter or e-mail request may not be processed if the customer has not spoke to the retention team.

Can you confirm that you did call them first before sending in the letter?

Mark
    yes mark,as previously posted i rang cancellations. re;
    Thanks mark,i have just phoned EIRCOM option4 and they have told me i can not email eircom to cancell my service, (as its a change of provider) i must send a letter,and also i should not send it till 30 days before my contract is due to expire. Also they are offering an incentive to stay with eircom but cannot email or post details of the offer. Can you tell me if there is a problem sending a letter now to not renew my contract. ps. rachael was the agents name and she gave me the address to post the cancellation letter. that was as far back as october.

hi mark, spoke to eircom this morning, they found the cancellation letter i left in by hand on 30th oct.  Apparently they should have sent out a letter to me which i have not received yet.  Please update me. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hi mark, spoke to eircom this morning, they found the cancellation letter i left in by hand on 30th oct.  Apparently they should have sent out a letter to me which i have not received yet.  Please update me. thanks.
    Good news horse7
    You may already have PM'd your details to Mark, but if not, could you PM, your correct name and address and telephone number and I can chase this for you.
    Tony

Good news horse7
    You may already have PM'd your details to Mark, but if not, could you PM, your correct name and address and telephone number and I can chase this for you.
    Tony
    thanks tony,have posted this 2 days ago.

Good news horse7
    Tony
    thanks tony,have posted this 2 days ago.
    Hi horse7

I sent you a PM there.

Thanks, Mark

that is done mark,what is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI horse7

Have you forwarded the email you sent to cancellations to the email provided by Mark in PMs yet?

Thanks

Al

HI horse7

Have you forwarded the email you sent to cancellations to the email provided by Mark in PMs yet?

Thanks

Al
    yes as stated.

HI horse7

Thanks

Al
    yes as stated.
    Hi horse7

I have confirmed that the notification was found that you sent on the 07/11/13 thanks for sending on the e-mail to us. The contract with eircoom finishes on the 03/12/13 the 30 day notification will elapse on the 07/12/13.

So if the request to move providers competes on that date there would be no charges applicable or we can cancel the account directly.

Mark

hi mark.please note the cancellation letter was received on the 30th oct as confirmed by eircom.

hi mark.please note the cancellation letter was received on the 30th oct as confirmed by eircom.
    Hi horse7

Apologies can you advise who confirmed that. I could not see match that on our records?

Mark

• Advertisement

11.11.2013 09:58 #21
    horse7
    blue_star_3.gif
    audrey was the agents name.and the letter was confirmed.

Advertisement