Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer - First time lekky connection

Options
  • 12-08-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

myself and the missus are moving into our first place and its also the first time having to organise the lekky ourselves.

I'm a bit shocked, pardon the pun,  that there are such high deposits involved...I was going to go DD just to avoid the deposit, but then I see there is a 200 one for any first time connection?

Like, we're just gonna be tapped moving etc, and then for the depsoit to come in as well...

Is this always mandatory? Seems a bit over the top.

Thanks.

Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi El Spearo,

If there is no electricity currently connected to the property, and there never has been, then yes, a new connection must be organised with ESB Networks and a fee will apply. They are the company responsible for setting up new connections for all suppliers and exist independently to Electric Ireland so I regret I am unable to comment on their charges. Their number is 1850 372 757. Once your electricity is connected, you will be free to nominate a supplier.

If there has been electricity connected in the past, then it is the reconnection fee of €79.45 which is applicable to you. We can arrange an appointment to connect the property's power and set up your account in this case. If you have the MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) for the property, then feel free to PM us with this and the property's address and I will check the connection status for you to confirm whether a connection fee is applicable. If the power is on in the property, then no connection charge will apply.

If you decide to opt for Direct Debit, then the security deposit of €300 will not apply to you. By opting to pay via Direct Debit, you will also be eligible for our price plans and discounts. As new customers you can avail of up to 10% off your electricity and 10% off your gas.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement