Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welding, machining courses

Options
  • 12-08-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

would anyone out there know of a part-time course that teaches welding, milling up to using machining devices (such as cnc) without doing a mechanical engineering degree. Its just something i've been interested in and the way things are happening with my life at the moment I cannot commit to a 4yr part time degree course. Any info is greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Not sure where you are based, but from a quick Google I found this one in Gorey. Your local VEC might run something similar?

http://www.cowexfordvec.ie/courses/?cid=55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Was only looking at welding courses last night.
    DIT are doing plenty of different welding courses but don't know if they are incorporating milling or any other machining.
    They do 60 hour part time.

Alternatively fas are doing them as well in several centres and are evening courses (that I was looking at) for 10 weeks.

No mention of cost on fas.ie but I think DIT were looking for around 2500.

Advertisement