Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Course Now Full

• 12-08-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was in the process for applying for a part time course in ITB.

Per the website the deadline for applicants is the 6th Sept.

I had to jump through some hoops in work so was taking a bit of time to get the application etc in.

Went on the the website today where it now says the course in full.

I still intend on submitting my application but I am very annoyed.

The site didn't warn applications may close early and it is on a 1st serve basis.

Surely like the CAO where there is excess applicants they should filter on people suitability for the course instead of doing it this way.

Sorry for the rant, its late, Im now very worried and Ive work in 7 hrs :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Apply anyway.

Contact college immediately for confirmation on course 'fullness' and possibility of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 darrenseventwo

I agree, apply anyway. Someone might drop out. I'm on a waiting list for a course in ITB and I was told today that they are considering a second stream because the numbers applying were high. No decision until Sep 9th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lostdog12

What course out of curiosty

• Registered Users Posts: 11 darrenseventwo

MSc in Business Intelligence/Data Mining

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Your right, how did you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Are you paying cash?

If so, apply and turn up at the admin office with your bank draft. Tried and tested.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Kingkong wrote: »
    Hey,

I was in the process for applying for a part time course in ITB.

Per the website the deadline for applicants is the 6th Sept.

I had to jump through some hoops in work so was taking a bit of time to get the application etc in.

Went on the the website today where it now says the course in full.

I still intend on submitting my application but I am very annoyed.

The site didn't warn applications may close early and it is on a 1st serve basis.

Surely like the CAO where there is excess applicants they should filter on people suitability for the course instead of doing it this way.

Sorry for the rant, its late, Im now very worried and Ive work in 7 hrs :(

Hey folks, did either of you get a place in the end? If so, how is it going? I'm particularly curious about the 'online classroom' concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm doing the couse, the online classroom works well, you can see what is on the lecturers screen, so power points, practical work etc can be seen and shared. Students use a chat tool to ask questions. It's good, the great thing is that you can view lectures anytime as they are recorded, which works great if trying to balance work, life, family, and study. I found myself watching lectures at 6am on Saturdays, sometimes it just worked better for me that way.

Advertisement