Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playlist suggestions

• 12-08-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

If it's not okay to post here, apologies & could mod's please move this.

Can anyone recommend some good songs to workout to? I like to listen to hip-hop in the gym, but I wouldn't be overly familiar with many artists. I'm currently listening to stuff by Eminem, Jay-Z, The Roots, Kanye West and The Game. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

You should have a scan through this thread, plenty off tunes to choose from.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056811460

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

That's brilliant, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I always recommend some M.O.P, Jedi Mind Tricks/Vinnie Paz/Army Of The Pharaohs if you want to inject some aggression into your workout!

Also this workout album by Stic.man from Dead Prez is dope

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Thanks for the recommendations. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

M.O.P's Warriorz album, nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm getting more into my cycling and found that I'm getting my best times and fastest speed when listening to Demigodz - Killmatic.

The previous effective thing for me was Aesop Rocks Nike+Run mix that he done for cardio work.

For lifting (Do you even lift bro) I prefered something with some meaningful lyrics so that in rest between reps I could sit down and foces on something besides the pain/burn/sweat...but that lead to prolonged rests. Sage Francis - A Healthy Distrust was kind of good, because it was amped up, and with some decent tales to listen to.

Advertisement