Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social language hang outs? Spanish-Dublin

• 12-08-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've decided to take up Spanish, I have purchased books and plan on taking a night class, but i believe the best way is to really immerse yourself in the language.

Somebody mentioned to me that there are some meet up's with people in social settings (pubs etc) to "trade" learning with someone looking to learn English (i.e. speak to them in spanish and you help them with english)

Does anyone have any information on this?

THank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

The group called Spanglish meet up as a Spanish-English language exchange on monday nights in the centre of Dublin. Here is the link to their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/spanglishdublin?fref=ts

Good Luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

+1 for the language exchange mentioned above.

Keep an eye on meetup.com as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I just posted this in another thread:

If you're looking to improve your Spanish and need some flexibility, get yourself a profile on http://www.conversationexchange.com. There are loads of Spaniards who would love to meet in Dublin for a language exchange. You can also organise them on Skype. smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

thanks a lot for all your replies guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

I'm not sure how those language exchange events work cause I have never attended one before, but if there was a group of ye interested in practising Spanish I'm sure I could gather a few Spaniards (including meself) willing to do language exchange!

• Advertisement
Advertisement