Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An post wont let me post a tablet

• 12-08-2013 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Went to the post office there to try and post my nexus 7 to the seller.

The lady told me An Post wont post anything with a battery. She wouldn't accept it.

I said I would go to another post office and lie about what's in the parcel. She said the parcel could end up being destroyed.

This is a turn up for the books.

Comments

As stupid as it seems it's true, it's been like that for over a year now. See here and here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

An post ...doing what it can to cripple the company !!

just means private companies will earn the money and the national service fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

As stupid as it seems it's true, it's been like that for over a year now. See here and here.

Feck.

How did I manage to send a phone and a laptop in the post this year (laptop) and late last year (phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Feck.

How did I manage to send a phone and a laptop in the post this year (laptop) and late last year (phone)

Depends on whether you get away with it or not I would say....

OP - go to a different PO and tell them it's a replacement display for a tablet, no battery in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Fieldog wrote: »
    Depends on whether you get away with it or not I would say....

OP - go to a different PO and tell them it's a replacement display for a tablet, no battery in it....

It`s an extra €5 to use parcel2go courier, I`ll just use them. Nice Idea though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I know some people have had issues with GLS... but I sent a package with them to the UK via one of their Parcel Shops. Paid with Paypal and pre-printed the label. Just take it to a Parcel Shop (or if not one near they'll pickup from you for €4). No issues and was the cheapest option - cheaper than An Post and signed for once delivered and online tracking.

Done by size not weight so it worked out a good price for me.
    https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/occasional-shipment/shipping-calculator
    https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/depots-parcel-shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not to mention that they are perfectly happy to deliver the exact same items TO you in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I've never been asked what I'm sending...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Same happened me last year, just go to another p.o and say its a CD player, that done the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

It's not An Post rules, they are being governed by avaition rules. If we accept theses items airlines refuse to allow them on their aircrafts and package may be returned to you or destroyed.
    Going to another office and lying will get your package to a mails centre but if it is picked up on in scanning it will be returned or destroyed, not entirely sure what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never been asked this and I've sold laptops and phones in the last year that were posted to the buyer. All I've been asked is what the value I want to put on it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Same in the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Hmmm I'm in the states at the minute and have managed to send home debit cards to Ireland and cosmetics and all sorts of stuff, no problem, they were even declared as being exactly what's inside. Post office had no problem.

Advertisement