Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selection Box

Options
  • 12-08-2013 9:54am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Don't let the thread title fool ye, it's not actually anything to do with yummy delicious selection boxes, I bascially had a couple of questions Christmas Forum related and didn't know where to post them so I decided maybe we should have a selection box thread, where we can post tibbits, ask question and even use it as an off topic kind of thing?

I hope ye will think it's a good idea!

Basically it can be used as a selection of bits and bobs, where I'm sure we will love some posts and no interest in other posts just like that one bar in the selection box nobody really wants hence the name ;)

So my first set of questions are;

1) Was there ever a final outcome to this thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056800445

Like many of ye I got suckered into the emotion of that thread and felt quiet dupped and hurt when it was revealed to be a hoax. Although I agree the thread had to been closed as it was becoming very negative and non-Christmas forum like, I always felt there a more final resolution waiting to come out from it that we never got.

2) From reading old Threads I notice star-pant's account is closed, she was a brill poster, does anyone know where she is now, why she closed and if she'll ever be back under a new alias?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hey, Loughc- the conclusion of the 'Amy' thread is detailed in the admin note of the very first post of that thread. 'Amy' was essentially a psychology student who made the whole thing up, based on a true story they said they had once heard. They apologised for any upset they had caused by people feeling duped by the whole thing.

Yes, Star Pants has closed her account. Naturally this was a personal decision and we don't want to invade her privacy too much but I think it goes without saying that we would all love to see her back soon.

I think that the 'Christmas Out of Season' really counts as our off topic thread so I might close this thread soon and change the title of the other one to make things clearer as Christmas is getting slightly more in season, eeeeep!
    I'm very tempted to steal your thread title though. :D

Since I'm here, I ask all our regulars and seasonal visitors that if anyone does have a problem with a post or thread, please report it, especially as things begin to hot up around here.
    Reported posts are invaluable to keeping things running smoothly and I cannot emphasise the importance of doing so enough.
    :)

I'll leave this thread open for a while and if anyone has any more questions/suggestions/feedback, post here because this is your forum and we want all our Christmas elves to be happy elves.
    Once it's closed, feel free to PM D4RK ONION or myself or one of the category moderators if you have any problems.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for the feedback Posy! :)

Apologies for setting up the thread I wasn't aware the Out of Season was our off topic thread as such!

I am particularly proud of the name too and you are more than welcome to use if for anything Christmas Forum related going forward! :)

While this thread is still open I have another question and again not quiet sure where to post it and don't want to be opening new threads left right and centre.

I have a question for people who are in LTR but not married, where do ye go to celebrate Christmas? His Family? Her Family? Rotate every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Up to last year we always went our separate ways - I cook the dinner in my Mum's for her, her brother, her cousin and my brother (who's married but feels he prefers to stay home (??) ) and O/H felt a duty to go to his Mum's as his sometimes fragile sister loved the day. I always felt this was a bit of a fiasco as their Mum would insist on doing everything herself & then spend the day moaning about it. :rolleyes:
    Anyhoo, last year his sister decided that it was all too much for his Mum & insisted that she come up to her house where they had an M&S prepared Christmas extravaganza and O/H came to my Mums.
    So this year it will totally depend on the whim of his Mum & sister as usual.... either way I'll be in my Mum's and there'll be extra in the pot :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement