Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Months free Hulu Plus on PS3

Options
  • 12-08-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

For those of us who use the US Netflix on our PS3's, we can now get two months free of Hulu Plus.

While (in my opinion) not as good as Netflix, it has a couple of good shows plus you can link directly to NBC, ABC, Fox etc.

You will need to have set up an American playstation account to download the app, I used the white house address and post code. You then need to give credit card details (no problem with my Irish one) or use paypal (needs to be an American account), they simply debit and credit back an euro and then your up and running.

You just have to cancel the account before the two month trial finishes to avoid being charged, it's $7.99 a month if you wanted to keep it going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Reg'stoy wrote: »

You will need to have set up an American playstation account to download the appI used the white house address and post code then need to give credit card details (no problem with my Irish one) or use paypal (needs to be an American account)

Jaysis I wouldn't have used the White House's postcode, the FBI are probably wondering what you're up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

For those of us who use the US Netflix on our PS3's, we can now get two months free of Hulu Plus.

While (in my opinion) not as good as Netflix, it has a couple of good shows plus you can link directly to NBC, ABC, Fox etc.

You will need to have set up an American playstation account to download the app, I used the white house address and post code. You then need to give credit card details (no problem with my Irish one) or use paypal (needs to be an American account), they simply debit and credit back an euro and then your up and running.

You just have to cancel the account before the two month trial finishes to avoid being charged, it's $7.99 a month if you wanted to keep it going.

Brilliant, I was looking for the best way to watch it without a vpn, forgot my playstation account was using a US dns. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis I wouldn't have used the White House's postcode, the FBI are probably wondering what you're up to.

And now you by association ;), particularly as you used the above in the same communication. But don't worry use this link to avoid the NSA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless you registered your credit card in the very early days of PSN (before they started checking addresses), I'm pretty sure you'll need a pre-paid US card to get this working.

Unless you registered your credit card in the very early days of PSN (before they started checking addresses), I'm pretty sure you'll need a pre-paid US card to get this working.

I suppose, all I can say is mine worked. Registered my american account there and then but have an Irish account for a couple of years. If I remember correctly it asked for a zip code with the card and I used the same code I'd used to set up the american playstation account.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

And that weblink is region locked, Ireland cant register....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I suppose, all I can say is mine worked. Registered my american account there and then but have an Irish account for a couple of years. If I remember correctly it asked for a zip code with the card and I used the same code I'd used to set up the american playstation account.

Well whaddya know, it worked! Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well whaddya know, it worked! Awesome!

You must need a playstation account that they verify details against.It's telling my zip code doesn't match the details on my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I tried signing up for this but I was told my card was declined on the basis it the US address I provided was not the same as the one the card was reg'd too.

However today my credit card was security blocked by visa because Hulu has taken 6 euro in 6 ,1 euro denominations so far since the day I tried ordering it. I checked the Hulu account and Hulu Plus is still not working for me.

If any of you also attempted singing up and failed you might want to check your credit card and also make sure there's no $7.99 taken when the full price kicks in after the trial period.

Just a reminder folks that if like me you signed up for the two months free hulu plus via your PS3 when I posted this thread, that we'll need to cancel our subscriptions around now or you'll be charged a months subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 coolbreeze72

I tried to sign up and says the offer has expired :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Yeah, gutted I missed this. There's some good new shows on it.

Will keep an eye out for it again.

Advertisement