Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet 70mb Fatpipe, what to expect?

• 12-08-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

right ive just ordered 70mb, i live in drogheda where vdsl has been active for a while and am roughly 600 meters from my local cab "DBC1_046A"

what kind of speeds should i see being that distance from the cab?

decided to bite the bullet and leave digiweb as im fed up of the poor service with their 30mb metro package in the drogheda area as i regularly see speeds down around 5-10mb with them and never the advertised 30mb, even when im getting around 20mb from them i still get page time outs and videos refusing to load. oh and how could i forget the messily 100gb a month rolling cap?

now i know magnet have a 4gb cap from 4pm-1am and thats grand with me as most of my internet usage is before/after those hours

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Re distance and speed, its been posted in this thread several times

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985

• Registered Users Posts: 45 newbie1001

Be ready for terrible customer service-honestly the worst I've ever experienced. Went through an awful process trying to get connected with errors in my order. Wouldn't have bothered with them except they don't have a contract commitment like other providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

newbie1001 wrote: »
    Be ready for terrible customer service-honestly the worst I've ever experienced. Went through an awful process trying to get connected with errors in my order. Wouldn't have bothered with them except they don't have a contract commitment like other providers.

ive had no problems with them so far really, ordered last monday and received my modem the next morning, didnt receive a text with the install date so had to ring and leave a message, that was replied to a hour later with a callback where i found out its for tomorrow between 12pm-5pm

Advertisement