Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Owners - Complicated House Sale

• 12-08-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I co-own a property with another person. Basically I agreed to buy the house with the other person just so that they could get the mortgage. I have never put anything into the house. In hindsight, obviously this was a ignorant, naive thing to do. We all make our mistakes.

So, now this person has disappeared. Gone in a puff of smoke. No payments being made which of course, leaves me in the s*it. I dont want the house, I dont want to live there. I dont want anything to do with it.

I just want the house sold and gone out of my hair. I will sell it for whats left on the mortgage plus any legal costs.

However, my question is.... this other person is also on the mortgage deeds. Do I need their permission to sell the house? I cannot find them, have not heard from them in a long time. Do I have to search for them to get power of attourney to sell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You should seek legal advice from a solicitor immediately, your situation is serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do you know if you own the property as joint tenants, or tenants in common?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Legal advice cannot be sought/given on this forum or website. Please read the forum Charter before posting here again.

If you require legal advice, please engage a legal professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement