Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond Liner - Leaking

• 12-08-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a well establish pond with nice rockery and plants around it.
    My problem is that the water is leaking out somewhere and I just wonder if there's an easy way to establish where the leak might be?

Has anyone got a solution /idea ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a well establish pond with nice rockery and plants around it.
    My problem is that the water is leaking out somewhere and I just wonder if there's an easy way to establish where the leak might be?

Has anyone got a solution /idea ?

Thank you

Any chance of a picture. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

How low does the water level get? If it gets to a certain level and then stops, its obviously somewhere at the waterline. If the level keeps dropping, it might be at the bottom! There are lots of suggestions online, just google. Using a few drops of food colouring can sometimes help

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Hi RJe66

Sure - can you send me an email address to send it to - or tell me how to upload it on boards - I haven't done
    that before.
    Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Conology wrote: »
    Hi RJe66

Sure - can you send me an email address to send it to - or tell me how to upload it on boards - I haven't done
    that before.
    Thank you
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

homer911 wrote: »
    How low does the water level get? If it gets to a certain level and then stops, its obviously somewhere at the waterline. If the level keeps dropping, it might be at the bottom! There are lots of suggestions online, just google. Using a few drops of food colouring can sometimes help

Hi Homer
    I'll let it drop down again and take a real close look around the waterline. The problem is that some of the large rocks come out over the water and I might not be able to check for leaks under these, also the rockery plants around the pond are well settled at this stage and I don't want too much disruption unless its absolutely necessary. I'll be taking a better look over the next few weeks and hopefully I'll find something.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement