Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary ?? with Machete

Options
  • 12-08-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Scary stuff

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/187048-gardai-in-waterford-investigate-burglary-in-which-suspect-brandished-machete-wlrfmnews.html

Gardai in Waterford City are investigating an aggravated burglary in which the suspect brandished a machete sword. Attempts were made to assault Gardai with the sword in the course of the incident.One of the residents at a home in Meadowbank, Baile Na Deise, reported that at around 1.45 this morning, the male suspect entered the house through a bathroom window.The injured party said he came up the stairs carrying a large black machete sword. The three occupants of the house, a man, a woman and teenage girl, fled to the bedroom and secured the door.The suspect then tried to gain access to bedroom and caused damage to the door by kicking it and slashing it with the machete. The suspect was still at scene as Gardai arrived, but then fled through an upstairs bathroom window and out through an adjacent back garden. Gardai pursued the suspect, who, on numerous occasions, attempted to assault them with the machete sword he was carrying. He escaped through Waterford Crystal Sports ground. Gardai carried out an extensive search of the area and were assisted by members of the force from Tramore & Kilmacthomas. They are following a number of lines of enquiry at the moment. No one in the house was injured but they are very distressed after the incident.If anyone has any information or notice anything unusual in the area please contact Waterford Garda Station on 051 305300.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

wow that is really sinister on so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Seriously guys, what is one to do in this situation?

I was thinking of getting a sword but then what if I ended up killing or injuring some well known criminal... i'd be worried about revenge etc. Then again, no weapon and you are a sitting duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Not likely to happen but if I ended up killing a well known criminal while defending those I love then there would not be a body for anyone to trace back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

That is proper ****ed up! Sounds like he may have been targeting a member of the family though. If they barricaded themselves into a bedroom surely that would be an ideal time to clean out the living room and run. Not go trying to hack down the door they have locked themselves behind! Could of been out of his head either though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

sounds like a person whacked up on drugs. agree, arm the gardai now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Arm with the likes of a taser gun definitely. A handgun is not necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/187074-man-arrested-following-aggravated-burglary-in-waterford-city.html

A man's been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary in Waterford overnight during which a man armed with a machete broke into a family home. Gardai were called to the house in Meadowbank in Waterford city just before 2am when one of the residents reported that a man, carrying a large sword, was inside the house. The suspect attempted to assault Gardai with the machete and eventually escaped though the Waterford Crystal sports ground. A 29 year old man was arrested shortly before midday and was taken to Waterford Garda Station for questioning under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

What are you reporting this for? Nobody is interested and crime happens all the time and why did you have to mention meadowbank? Theres good people there its only a small few who drag the name down. This isnt news its just sh, t stirring and muck raking. Oh wait I forgot thats only if I write it and it happens to an innocent person in a petrol station! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

What are you reporting this for? Nobody is interested and crime happens all the time and why did you have to mention meadowbank? Theres good people there its only a small few who drag the name down. This isnt news its just sh, t stirring and muck raking. Oh wait I forgot thats only if I write it and it happens to an innocent person in a petrol station! :-)

I dont think the op was saying anything bad about meadowbank. Id say he would have posted it regardless of where if happened it due to the nature of the crime so you can get off your high horse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Give it a rest. This is starting to become a trend of yours, and it stops here and now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I wonder was this the same guy who robbed tesco with a machete ?

But shocking stuff to be happing around the place as like i fell for the poor family how had a guy go after then with a machete in there own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Give him a massive sentence of 5 hours community service, that will fix it surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I reckon they should release him without charge and send a file to DPP. That'll sort him.

I'm down with DPP. Yeah you know me...

I dont think the op was saying anything bad about meadowbank. Id say he would have posted it regardless of where if happened it due to the nature of the crime so you can get off your high horse.

No you missed my point I was light heartedly taking the mick, I reported something similar not so long ago and that is what I was told, and I'm just taking the mick sully you don't have to get upset jeeze.

From what I heard and I'm open to correction as per usual but I heard the guy was dressed head to toe like a ninja. I heard more but its probably not appropriate to speculate on an open forum.

I wonder was this the same guy who robbed tesco with a machete ?

But shocking stuff to be happing around the place as like i fell for the poor family how had a guy go after then with a machete in there own home.

Could be, but like other posters said if he meets a judge he will probably take into account that his father was an alco and they were poor etc etc instead of the other 140 convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ahh poor fella was probably from a broken home, jadda jadda jadda... suspended sentence, don't do it again! blah blah...

Then 6 months later a family is burying a loved one cos he is still on the streets and actually kills someone next time.

The justice system is a joke and people need to be locked up for things like this!

Heathen wrote: »
    ahh poor fella was probably from a broken home, jadda jadda jadda... suspended sentence, don't do it again! blah blah...

Then 6 months later a family is burying a loved one cos he is still on the streets and actually kills someone next time.

The justice system is a joke and people need to be locked up for things like this!

The problem is theres no space left, well very little space left in irish prisons and the ones that are there are suppose to be unfit for purpose, I'm sure behind clised doors judges are made aware of this by the powers that be, I think theres a serious amount of law reform to be done in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The problem is theres no space left, well very little space left in irish prisons and the ones that are there are suppose to be unfit for purpose, I'm sure behind clised doors judges are made aware of this by the powers that be, I think theres a serious amount of law reform to be done in this country.

How unfit for purpose can 4 walls a window and a cell door be though. Problem is that prisoners are treated far too well in this country.

Rehabiliation works for people who want to get better, people in for a few offenses. But if you have someone with over 20 convictions, they do not want to get better. These career criminals/scum have no intention of changing.

He will be out in a month if he even sees jail, while the family have to live in fear for years in case he comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Andrew Halligan of 46 Ardmore Park has been charged with one count of aggravated burglary following an incident at Meadowbank yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Andrew Halligan of 46 Ardmore Park has been charged with one count of aggravated burglary following an incident at Meadowbank yesterday.

Same Andrew that murdered the trainer and was left out a few years later.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/appeal-court-clarifies-law-on-use-of-force-in-burglaries-26352427.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This is an example of why mods have to be careful with what people say on these forums. Yesterday someone posted a completely different name (it was removed quick enough).

Glad he was caught and charged. Must have been one scary ordeal for the couple and the child. Plus the Gardai who gave chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Of absolutely no relevance but is this the same guy who was on "The Estate"?

So maybe it could have been him in the petrol station, lets hope the guards inveztigating that will look into it.

I just googled this guy hes got some record. Cant wait to hear what comedy a judge churms out when hes freed. What a useless member of society,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Same family. He was in jail at the time afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

the man walks into a police station and asks to speak to the burglar who broke into his house the night before.

"I’m sorry sir, but you'll get your chance in court,” says the officer.

“No, you don’t understand,” says the man. “I want to know how he got in the house without waking the wife. I've been trying to do that for years.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

kensutz wrote: »
    Same family. He was in jail at the time afaik.

No he wasnt in jail. Out freely roaming the streets not a problem. Not for much longer. Wont see him for 15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Media999 wrote: »
    No he wasnt in jail. Out freely roaming the streets not a problem. Not for much longer. Wont see him for 15 years.

Hopefully he rots, people get away with this type of stuff way to much at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Motivator

Wow, this is only surprising as I thought this animal was still locked up. This guy is an actual murderer & he should get hung in red square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Motivator wrote: »
    Wow, this is only surprising as I thought this animal was still locked up. This guy is an actual murderer & he should get hung in red square.

his brother is up in portlaoise for tieing up robbing and slashing a blinds mans face remember a few years the poor man owned that shop across from georges court.and not to mention his uncle who back in the 90's done unspeakable things to that girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Oh thank Christ. I had misread the thread title. Thought it was 'Buggery?? with Machete'! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement