Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary ?? with Machete

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 118 ✭✭Addictedtogolf

his brother is up in portlaoise for tieing up robbing and slashing a blinds mans face remember a few years the poor man owned that shop across from georges court.and not to mention his uncle who back in the 90's done unspeakable things to that girl...

Total scum of the earth. But even if he gets 10yrs and is out in 7 he will do it all again when he gets out. These guys never learn and just keep going until they die or overdose on drugs.

Would love to hear how many previous convictions he has? Will the judge ever learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Would love to hear how many previous convictions he has? Will the judge ever learn?

According to rte at time of Forristal murder he had 150 previous convictions.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0308/73865-forristald/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Motivator wrote: »
    This is not something to be laughing at, a convicted murderer is walking the streets at 9 o clock in the evening with a machete breaking into houses.
    I'm not laughing about it at all. An animal attacked a family and luckily nobody got hurt.

However, if things had occurred as I had read, it would have been someone who would have been horrifically injured! I'm just glad I misread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I am a big fan of the 3 strikes system - any 3 serious offenses and you are given a significant mandatory sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

bgrizzley wrote: »
    According to rte at time of Forristal murder he had 150 previous convictions.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0308/73865-forristald/

Always deflating to hear something like that. Society is better off without him. He will forever be a burden and serve no meaningful purpose ever. Surely if you hit 'x' amount of convictions it's time for permenant lock up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I am a big fan of the 3 strikes system - any 3 serious offenses and you are given a significant mandatory sentence.

I think 3 strikes in this case is far too generous. Already convicted and served I don't know how many years of 7 year sentence for trespass with intent to burgle and now trespass with a deadly weapon, trying to break down a door a terrified family are hiding behind and attaching the gardai with a machette?! I think the time for a significant mandatory sentence is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

..Brian.. wrote: »
    I think 3 strikes in this case is far too generous. Already convicted and served I don't know how many years of 7 year sentence for trespass with intent to burgle and now trespass with a deadly weapon, trying to break down a door a terrified family are hiding behind and attaching the gardai with a machette?! I think the time for a significant mandatory sentence is now!
    3 strikes usually results on a minimum of 25 years to Life depending on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

thomasm wrote: »
    Always deflating to hear something like that. Society is better off without him. He will forever be a burden and serve no meaningful purpose ever. Surely if you hit 'x' amount of convictions it's time for permenant lock up

He should at least be permanently electronically tagged so that it's known where he is at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Taking action against a burglar who invades your home can also be costly as a friend of mine found out -

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Bizarre-as-Irish-burglar-receives-225000-compensation-from-his-victim-in-compensation-claim-139430763.html

Couldn't find a link to any Irish newspaper to quote.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As this is now in the courts, we have to close this topic.

Certain posts have been removed because they are in breach of our charter. A reminder to think before you post - would you say what you post on national airwaves? Hiding behind a handle does not give you anonymity. This applies in general, just a timely reminder.

Any questions / concerns / complaints please send them via PM.

Topic Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement