Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of dumped cut grass and foliage

• 12-08-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

have a pathway running behind my garden that is blocked by dumped cut grass and other foliage ie branches,leaves etc and I want to get rid of.Moing it physically will be tough and im wondering is there any chemical or substance natural or otherwise that I can use to remove them by helping them degrade much quicker.
    Ive heard sawdust can aid in grass degradation as it contains carbon but will it eventually degrade completley and is there anything else I can use.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

have a pathway running behind my garden that is blocked by dumped cut grass and other foliage ie branches,leaves etc and I want to get rid of.Moing it physically will be tough and im wondering is there any chemical or substance natural or otherwise that I can use to remove them by helping them degrade much quicker.
    Ive heard sawdust can aid in grass degradation as it contains carbon but will it eventually degrade completley and is there anything else I can use.

Is the path a public path and/or on council land??

If so then they are responsible for cleaning it up and maintaining it.

A call to the county councils waste management/litter section will soon sort it out.

If its an estate and its run by a private management company then they are responsible for cleaning the pathways and maintaining the estate and its infastructure.

OR

You could get a company with a valid current waste disposal permit to remove it for you.

If you have access to a shredder,then you can shred the branches and store the chippings and then use it as a mulch for around your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

not so much a path as a place edging my garden fencing.you see as i should have explained in the first post it is actually the very top of a steepish hill that leads into a forest.not sure yet as to whether its public or private forest land.I think it might be private.See the houses on our road are laid together side by side and behind the estate is a large forest.Its just that from that top part of the hill before it becomes steep i can use it as a lookout for any incoming weeds that have been infesting my garden from there ie bramble.They enter through the soil under the fence and have colonised a large part of the garden ive managed to kill of those that have entered my garden but there literally is just a blanket of nothing but bramble all the way down the hill and that pathway is an ideal spot for being able to spray them with sbk brushwood killer when i get the chance its just that its difficult to walk through there because of all the branches and cut grass that have been deposited there.
    I better check if its public or private land. probably public but do you know where i could find this out in my locale.

Advertisement