Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Execution dream

Options
  • 12-08-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭

Hello...I don't normally visit here, but I wanted to share this...

Last night I had a dream in which I was to be executed by beheading. There was another victim with me, a late-middle-aged lady, I think, nobody I recognise. We were alone in a small cabin/booth about the size of a small room (certainly not much room to swing an axe) with the executioner. He was male, but nobody I recognised. we were to put our heads on a white table - there was a lot of white in the room.

There was some dispute over the weapon to be used. I can't remember what it was, but as an alternative, the executioner produced a huge butcher's knife, about four or five feet long. But when I looked at it again and it was time to proceed with the execution, it was normal sized. My big complaint in this scene was not the fact of the execution, so much as them pain that was likely to be involved. At that point, I think I decided that I was in a dream and I didnt want it to continue. So I woke up.

Many years ago, in my early 20's I think, I had a similar dream. I was with an old schoolmate (but not someone I'd call a best friend) and some others I didn't recognise, against a wall and about to be shot by firing squad. I noticed my companion turn to face the wall, showing his back to the firing squad. I did the same, reasoning it might hurt less that way, and the dream ended there. I didn't end it deliberately.

The similarity in the two dreams seems striking, an execution where the dream ends before it proceeds, facing the ordeal with alongside someone else, and trying to reduce the prospect of suffering.

I'd be interested to hear what it might mean (psychoogically rather than magically), if anything.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dutchraptor

Honestly I see no link, particularly if you aren't a deep believer in dream interpretation.
    Anxiety and death dreams are fairly common in almost all humans. Along with this is the fact that most nightmarish dreams end before the climax.
    Since nothing in the dream caught your eye as striking it would also point that there is nothing to interpret.
    At most you could figure that an execution symbolizes an impending deadline (scientifically there's no basis to validate this since dream interpretation is proven to be largely inaccurate)

Advertisement