Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on NAMA property

Options
  • 12-08-2013 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi I’ve put an offer on a property that’s owned by NAMA that looks like its going to be accepted and I’m looking for advice on any pitfalls(if any) I should look out for from buying a house this way.

Property has never been lived in so needs a bit of work to bring it up to a liveable standard so I suppose a survey should be my first port of call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Expect the sale o take longer than normal and mortgage approval may be difficult as NAMA won't give the usual warranties a developer or seller would give (eg Planning compliance, building regs etc.). Make sure you understand what condition the property will be in when you receive it and that you are satisfied with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Devi wrote: »
    Hi I’ve put an offer on a property that’s owned by NAMA that looks like its going to be accepted and I’m looking for advice on any pitfalls(if any) I should look out for from buying a house this way.

Property has never been lived in so needs a bit of work to bring it up to a liveable standard so I suppose a survey should be my first port of call.

Viewed a couple of properties in recent months, similar situation to Devi's, was told by EA's on each occasion that offers, at indicated AMV would be referred to Liquidator, then onwards to NAMA and the expected turnaround for this would be 8-10 weeks ??? A bit sceptical of this myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Viewed a couple of properties in recent months, similar situation to Devi's, was told by EA's on each occasion that offers, at indicated AMV would be referred to Liquidator, then onwards to NAMA and the expected turnaround for this would be 8-10 weeks ??? A bit sceptical of this myself :(

Its BS Woodville, we are sale agreed(verbally) about 9 weeks now, deposit paid 6 weeks, havnt even got contracts yet. Are you sale agreed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Devi wrote: »
    Its BS Woodville, we are sale agreed(verbally) about 9 weeks now, deposit paid 6 weeks, havnt even got contracts yet. Are you sale agreed?

Thanks for comment, inclined to agree with you, not sale agreed , haven't made a formal offer yet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Thanks for comment, inclined to agree with you, not sale agreed , haven't made a formal offer yet !

Sometimes im sorry I even got into the sale, but at the same time its quite a percentage cheaper than current prices, plus im not in a major hurry to move in till next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement