Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo combined with scarification

Options
  • 12-08-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Is it possible to combine the two? To have the scarred flesh tattooed, and if so which should you do first? I'm guessing the scar first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't know why you would want to, unless you were going for some weirdly textured, probably blurry tattoo...

And if it is possible (I don't see why not) then it'd have to be scarification first, as otherwise you'd be cutting the inked skin away.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The scarred skin probably wouldn't hold the ink very well though. I have seen all black tattoos where skin has then been removed to provide a white/negative space design.

What exactly are you aiming to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I'm aiming to have one colour letters. So the tattoo would be a word in a box in red. I basically want a tattoo that is raised, so I can see and feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There is a process called ink rubbing. Where you are scarred as normal and tattoo ink is rubbed into the wound. Resulting in a tattooed scar.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. People tattoo over scars all the time. You'd have to be careful when getting it scarred though, so that they can manipulate the scar so that it's more ideal for tattooing over.

You'd have to keep the design simple enough to be scarified as well, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to tattoo.

At any rate, you could always just get a scar, let it heal for at least two months, then get the outline tattooed. Combining the two in that manner would have a much more predictable effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement