Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eviction Advice

Options
  • 12-08-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello -

I just had a question regarding an eviction.

If I need to move into my house that is currently being rented by a problematic tenant do I have more leverage rather than just finding a new tenant.

Basically I really need to get rid of my current tenant and want to find the easiest way. I'm 100% happy to move in to speed the process up.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Fermat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hello -

I just had a question regarding an eviction.

If I need to move into my house that is currently being rented by a problematic tenant do I have more leverage rather than just finding a new tenant.

Basically I really need to get rid of my current tenant and want to find the easiest way. I'm 100% happy to move in to speed the process up.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Fermat

Is the tenant on a fixed term lease? If he/she is, moving in is not a valid reason to break it. If they're being really problematic, look into an anti-social behaviour eviction process.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fermatstheorem

I have a 6 month break clause in the lease. She's in arrears three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Issue a 14 days written notice of arrears, and if it is not sorted in that time then issue a 28 day notice of termination.

Be prepared for a long drawn out battle however if they want to be pricks and dig their heals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fermatstheorem

djimi wrote: »
    Issue a 14 days written notice of arrears, and if it is not sorted in that time then issue a 28 day notice of termination.

Be prepared for a long drawn out battle however if they want to be pricks and dig their heals in.

Thanks!

Advertisement