Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather Jodphur Boots

Options
  • 12-08-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent leather jodphur boots that won't break the bank? Hoping to spend no more than €50, happy to buy online or locally. Based in South Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

theres a big sale on EQUESTRIANCLEARANCE.COM - just saw a pair of leather front-zipped jod boots on there for £24 - have bought a lot of stuff from this site with no complaints at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

It might be worth giving Colemans in Sandyford a call, afaik they only stock leather (no rubber) and they often have special offers on, however sometimes they don't have a full range of sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Carrickmines Equestrian Centre sell some stuff and you can see what they have online. I bought black leather jodhpur boots there last year for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Thanks all - I suppose what I'm looking for is a Brand/Specific Boot that anyone has or has worn in the past that they would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Tuffa connemara boots they are about €60 euro but worth it i've worn mine non stop for about five years and they are only starting to get worn now. I;d definately buy again

I would not recommend the saxon ones v low price but the quality reflects that mine lasted a few months that was it before allowing in water and seperating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Another who would highly recommend Tuffa boots - my first pair lasted over 2 and half years which with me is a miracle!

I have the morgans which are about €80 but worth every penny & need little to no breaking in! Fantastic boots & great customer service :)

Thanks guys! Sounds like they are a winner at that price! Ariat and Tredstep were choices too but they are pricey! Anyone know any stockists other than direct at Tuffa?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

As far as I know - they only sell directly themselves but they do have an Irish site www.tuffaboots.ie so at least you dont have to deal with the exchange rate! :)

Tuffa MOrgan boots on sale on Orchard Eq for €56.95

https://www.orchardequestrian.com/Tuffa-Morgan-Jodhpur-Boots.html

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

Huge fan of the brogini jod boots with front zip. Bought a pair at the horse show last year and lasted for the year, just replaced them a week ago. I know its not that long, but I did abuse them quite a bit and they were so comfortable(despite taking a little while to break in) that I had to buy another pair. They're reasonably priced too, paid 45 for them at the horse show and ordered a pair online from their site for €41.50 exl. delivery. They look very good too, I've been asked a couple of times if they're ariats!

• Advertisement
Advertisement