Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell Estate

Options
  • 12-08-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI.

My girlfriend and I are moving to Dublin and interested in finding
    accommodation in Parnell Estate.
    Is it still as dodgy as previous forums have posted?

Any recommendations for good areas in Dublin 15 that we should look in that are close
    to the Institute of Technology?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't live in Parnell but I live across the road and use the short cut through parnell to get to the village. My house looks onto Parnell and my kids would be over there a bit too. I don't know anything about its reputation but I don't have an issue with it, I've never seen any trouble and its a well kept estate. Lots of kids, very multicultural, its a busy estate but the people are nice and friendly.

Its a good 20 min walk to the IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fmosti

Hello eviltwin,

Thanks a lot for your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving in here too, whats the area like for transport to the city centre? buses etc? Fmosti did you end up moving in here?? I'm looking for something in the region too. The prices in this estates are a nice bit lower than the market average, can anyone shed light on this?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Because it's a far flung housing estate, it's close to the IT but not much else, the most desirable houses in D15 are long the train line which it's far away from. It is not on the main bus route which is the 39 but on the less regular 38 bus route, most of D15 is the far side of the N3 to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

Cheers for the advice Morag,

Another place we are looking at is Windmill Terrace.

Has anyone any experience with living in the Windmill Terrace area? if so would you like to shed some light on what it is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Morag wrote: »
    Because it's a far flung housing estate, it's close to the IT but not much else, the most desirable houses in D15 are long the train line which it's far away from. It is not on the main bus route which is the 39 but on the less regular 38 bus route, most of D15 is the far side of the N3 to it.

The 38 has a decent service to be fair and the nearest bus stop is just across from that estate.

Advertisement