Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkee Bay Swim - Is it going ahead ???

• 12-08-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Firstly ,sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone have an idea if the Kilkee Bay Swim is going ahead this weekend?

I am hearing that it may not go ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 howey82

Hey Wackoy. I rang John Nolan earlier. The forecast is for very strong winds for Saturday, which may put the kaibosh on it. Also, a car went off the cliffs at Burns' Cove last night and he said it's unlikely to go ahead if they can't get it removed in time. If it is cancelled, the weekend of the 31st is the next tidal opportunity and likely date

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wackoy2k

Thanks for the update John.

Saw that yesterday about the car alright. Very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Anyone know for sure if this is happening or not? The girlfriend is supposed to be doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

I think the car & body have been recovered. RIP.
    Mr Nolan is right, it's looking fresh there tomorrow.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Kilkee/hour_by_hour_detailed.html :(

Cancelled... Looks like they're going to hold it either later this month or sometime in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

lucky for howey! bit too much of a fake tough guy for that swim..

Ooooh. Tough talk Robbie! Hope you won't be disappearing off to Electric Picnic when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is!

Advertisement