Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk Passport? Is This a Problem

Options
  • 12-08-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hate to ask an annoying question but having trouble finding any info.

I have a British passport, but lived in Ireland most of my life. My parents are both British so I dont have any Irish in me :(.

Im looking to apply for a visa for next year. Now it looks like I cant apply through the Irish IEC because you need an Irish passport. I cant apply through the English one because I haven't lived there for 15 years, I've never worked in England nor do i have an address to say ive lived in England.

Does anyone have any tips how I can solve this and get a visa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

btobd89 wrote: »
    Hate to ask an annoying question but having trouble finding any info.

I have a British passport, but lived in Ireland most of my life. My parents are both British so I dont have any Irish in me :(.

Im looking to apply for a visa for next year. Now it looks like I cant apply through the Irish IEC because you need an Irish passport. I cant apply through the English one because I haven't lived there for 15 years, I've never worked in England nor do i have an address to say ive lived in England.

Does anyone have any tips how I can solve this and get a visa

Irish Grandparents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 btobd89

Irish Grandparents?

Nope nothing like that. Im guessing ill have to go through the naturalisation route. Seems like a pain

Advertisement