Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda at Westpoint / Blanch Shopping Centre

Options
  • 12-08-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what is going on in and around the shopping centre? The Garda helicopter was here for more than 20 minutes hovering over the building I work in, and we had them running around our car park and the car park next door searching under cars and in all of the bushes.

**EDIT**

Helicopter is gone now but still the odd siren going off in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

Was just going to post the same question. There was an unmarked car on the road outside the car park, a van at the car park entrance and a marked car driving up and down. There were also Gardaí walking around with gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

There was a cash in transit robbery at heatons the guy held up the security guy filling up the atm but his getaway car wouldnt start so he dumped the cash box and ran into the shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

eddie28 wrote: »
    There was a cash in transit robbery at heatons the guy held up the security guy filling up the atm but his getaway car wouldnt start so he dumped the cash box and ran into the shopping centre

I seen a guy being chased into the car park beside the leisureplex by three security guards.

He seemed to disappear, a lot of guards passed me on my way up to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I seen a guy being chased into the car park beside the leisureplex by three security guards.

He seemed to disappear, a lot of guards passed me on my way up to the centre.

Same guy ran past me outside Subway. Was going to attempt to tackle him but decided against. He ran literally straight past me. Security were in no position to keep up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Same guy ran past me outside Subway. Was going to attempt to tackle him but decided against. He ran literally straight past me. Security were in no position to keep up with him.

Should've just tripped him :p scumbag.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »

Initially I wasn't sure if he was running for a bus or what he was at, though it was far too intense a run for that in hindsight. By the time I'd realised he was being chased he was past me.

Initially I wasn't sure if he was running for a bus or what he was at, though it was far too intense a run for that in hindsight. By the time I'd realised he was being chased he was past me.

Fair play to you for thinking of it anyway, a lot of people wouldn't have bothered :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

:rolleyes: who the hell are you to involved?? stay out of it , if something would have happened to you or it went wrong, you'd then look for a reason to moan or complain , your comment has annoyed me :mad: for a mod , to pass judgement and brand someone as a "scumbag with out explanation or even knowing any details is ridiculous :rolleyes:

A V A wrote: »
    :rolleyes: who the hell are you to involved?? stay out of it , if something would have happened to you or it went wrong, you'd then look for a reason to moan or complain , your comment has annoyed me :mad: for a mod , to pass judgement and brand someone as a "scumbag with out explanation or even knowing any details is ridiculous :rolleyes:

I'm not a D15 mod so I'm just a regular poster here :)

I do know the details though, he tried to rob a security guard who was delivering cash to a store. So yes, they are a scumbag.

Whatever about the getting involved part, I probably wouldn't have done it myself, but that's because I'm a 5ft 2inch titch of a girl. If I thought I could have helped and was there I probably would have.

if you did decide to trip him and it wasnt the guy running from the guards , something bad could have happened you!! and if anything did happen i cant say you didnt deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

if if if :rolleyes: What has any of this got to do with the subject, which is the burglary?

I'm not a D15 mod so I'm just a regular poster here :)

I do know the details though, he tried to rob a security guard who was delivering cash to a store. So yes, they are a scumbag.

Whatever about the getting involved part, I probably wouldn't have done it myself, but that's because I'm a 5ft 2inch titch of a girl. If I thought I could have helped and was there I probably would have.

as a mod in general,i would have expected to see something a little less vulgar or some sort of judgement to be passed the way you did

yes what he did was wrong but doesnt make him a scumbag!!!!!!!!!! if a mother give a baby milk that was too warm does that make her a bad mother????:rolleyes:

as a mod in general,i would have expected to see something a little less vulgar or some sort of judgement to be passed the way you did

yes what he did was wrong but doesnt make him a scumbag!!!!!!!!!! if a mother give a baby milk that was too warm does that make her a bad mother????:rolleyes:

Oh come off it, a mother giving her baby milk and a man robbing someone... yeah that's a brilliant comparison.

We all need more money, doesn't mean we go around robbing it.

What are you on about? Are you just trolling here or what? Are you saying the robber was trying to rob the cash in transit van to pay for medicine to soothe the burned roof of his infant's mouth because the mother gave the infant milk that was too hot? No, they actually makes more sense that what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tripped him? Or......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

yes what he did was wrong but doesnt make him a scumbag!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it does.

And if you can't speak to other posters in a civil tone it's probably best you didn't speak to them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Zaph wrote: »
    Actually it does.

And if you can't speak to other posters in a civil tone it's probably best you didn't speak to them at all.

Zaph liberals only have one way of thought lol

Just read online that apparently Boylesports in Clonsilla was the victim of an armed raid today as well, maybe the two robberies are related.

italodisco wrote: »
    Zaph liberals only have one way of thought lol
    Off to Google translate..... :pac:

endacl wrote: »
    Off to Google translate..... :pac:

Oh god, I'm spook upset , you're such a wit master....

Sorry but when did this online forum become an academic hang out lol I think the last thing I'd be overly worried about is grammar and spelling atm lol

Liberal douche

• Advertisement

italodisco wrote: »

Liberal douche
    inconceivable.jpg

if you did decide to trip him and it wasnt the guy running from the guards , something bad could have happened you!! and if anything did happen i cant say you didnt deserve it.

Ah here, give me a break.

Zaph wrote: »
    Actually it does.

i shall be contacting you by pm!!!!:mad:

Ah here, give me a break.

:rolleyes: no !!!!! if you decide to take matters into your own hands that doest involve you ,which is pretty serious ,anything that may happen you deserve , let people who are trained to deal with this sort of stuff ,do what they're called into do rather than someone who thinks they're a big shot after watching a view movies,think they're doing good by tripping someone up

but you's are all outstanding citizens here in blanch :rolleyes:

Oh come off it, a mother giving her baby milk and a man robbing someone... yeah that's a brilliant comparison.

We all need more money, doesn't mean we go around robbing it.

but for you to call someone an out right scumbag is ok????? :rolleyes: come off it

endacl wrote: »
    inconceivable.jpg

Lol yeah, you just put that lotion in the basket now hun xx

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As we've gone completely off-topic at this stage, time to put this one to bed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement