Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Palace Away

Options
  • 12-08-2013 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

First game of the new season, I'd expect the following in the same 4-2-3-1 formation like against Espanyol. Can't see AVB starting Fryers in the Premiership, hopefully Kaboul is fit for the full 90 minutes. Capuoe could get his debut from the bench for the last 20 (if he's signed by then). Sandro to get a run too.

Lloris
    Walker
    Dawson
    Kaboul
    Rose
    Paulinho
    Dembele
    Lennon
    Sigurdsson
    Chadli
    Soldado

Prediction, 2-0 Spurs, Soldado with the opener and Siggy with second early in second half

COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

First game of the new season, I'd expect the following in the same 4-2-3-1 formation like against Espanyol. Can't see AVB starting Fryers in the Premiership, hopefully Kaboul is fit for the full 90 minutes. Capuoe could get his debut from the bench for the last 20 (if he's signed by then). Sandro to get a run too.

Lloris
    Walker
    Dawson
    Kaboul
    Rose
    Paulinho
    Dembele
    Lennon
    Sigurdsson
    Chadli
    Soldado

Prediction, 2-0 Spurs, Soldado with the opener and Siggy with second early in second half

COYS

That team really does look ordinary without GB:(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Just wondering if BAE is injured or dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Just wondering if BAE is injured or dropped?

injured (just as well imho;) the useless lazy sod)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

davycc wrote: »
    injured (just as well imho;) the useless lazy sod)

I'd prefer to see him there than Rose tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

BAE on twitter says he isn't injured.

I think that team looks pretty good.

• Advertisement

GS11 wrote: »
    BAE on twitter says he isn't injured.

I think that team looks pretty good.

This is what an ITK has to say

On Benny: Staff and medics do not believe he is 100% and have not been for past year due to persistent same injury. Benny believes he is fit but there is differing opinions within, and AVB would not alienate a player to spite him if he believes he was fit.

team looks great & id start rose before benny anyway myself..

at least rose actually looks like he gives a fook about the team & the jersey & isnt just out for the craic like Benny.

Hope fully AVB can help him develop as a great young hungry LB.. who can actually cross the ball & who wont go mad with lame uneeded failed showboating attempts like Benny ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Will Kaboul be fit? If so, that's the team I'd start too. I'd like to see Siggy in that role as well, see what he can do.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Will Kaboul be fit? If so, that's the team I'd start too. I'd like to see Siggy in that role as well, see what he can do.

I don't think Siggys creative enough tbh. Against Espanyol he just seemed to go in circles and never offload to the striker

I dunno, wasn't he being played on the wing though? I think he played that middle role for Reading (was that his team?) to great effect. He's got an excellent shot and I think could do well, but then again I'm sure AVB knows better!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

davycc wrote: »
    team looks great & id start rose before benny anyway myself..

at least rose actually looks like he gives a fook about the team & the jersey & isnt just out for the craic like Benny.

To be honest I think BAE has got a hard time on here. He's a decent and composed defender.

I know you're saying Rose looks like he gives a fook, but if he tries hard and gives away free-kick and gets sent of due to constant stupid fouls then he's worthless to us. Also, now that we're playing zonal marking we look weak defending set pieces, so avoiding free kicks is a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Rose has a lot of making up to do after his brainfart vs Villa the season before last. I'd like to see him get the opportunity however as he was very good for Sunderland last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I see Rose as a week link. Can't seem to pass the ball. Dunno what the story is with Benny but I would have him ahead of Rose every time.

Nearly there now and I am really excited about seeing Soldado play for us. Paulino seems to know how to get a goal also. Don't know much about Chadli and even less about Capoue but hope they are great signings. Hope they gel well and we can get the points. Hope Kaboul is fit enough to start and stays fit.

No Bale anyway, so Chadli will get his chance to show what he's made of and perhaps claim a starting place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

So it's gonna be Lloris Walker Daws Kaboul Rose Paulinho Dembele Lennon Sig Chad Soldado. We should have enough to turn them over. An early goal and we'll win comfortably, killing them on the break.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    So it's gonna be Lloris Walker Daws Kaboul Rose Paulinho Dembele Lennon Sig Chad Soldado. We should have enough to turn them over. An early goal and we'll win comfortably, killing them on the break.

No Sandro?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Nope, sure he only has 30 mins pre-season under his belt after months and months out.

Doubt Kaboul will start either.

Would be a bit mad to throw Capoue in there with only a couple of days training to his WHL career so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

There should be no slip ups here. Should be winning at least 2-0 or else we're at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No Sandro?

Nope not fully fit, nor is Kaboul but I guessed he would take a gamble on him ahead of Fryers.

• Advertisement

Palace have just signed a new defender from Florian Marange..

I dont know if its in time to play on Sunday though?

Delicious result at the emirates....just sayin:D

Come on now lads 3 points tomorrow.

im watching every glorious minute of it comon villa we want 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I reckon it could do really well for us. Hopefully there will be Andy Carroll level of panic buys out of them.

Of course they could roll off and deal really well but you wouldn't know what will happen.

Delicious result at the emirates....just sayin:D

Come on now lads 3 points tomorrow.

Only prob now is that they absolutely must go out and buy players. Hopefully it will be some panic buys. And if the players are brought in by someone other than Wenger then he'll not even plat them for spite.

Be nice to See Soldado getting one on his prem league debut. Would be very happy if we scrape a win with some new players bedding in and this being away game. Its nice to be thinking about football again instead of money. Hope we don't require Fryers at CB tomorrow. Worried about Rose playing also. I would be delighted with 0-1 tomorrow but I think there will be more goals than that. Just hope we end up with one more than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Today is the day.

Ever so slightly excited. I don't need any strong opening game like united had just a easy three points with everyone looking sharp.

I'm going for 2 or 3 goal win here. Soldado getting a Hatrick because I think already I made a huge mistake not having RVP in my FF team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

0-2 to us I'd say

Lennon and soldado

Going on our recent record on opening days of the season, the fact its a London derby and our CB problem. I'll go with a score draw. 2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Agreed, any sort of result and I'd be happy. Score draw preferably.

Advertisement