Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Palace Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Capoue looks a snip at that price. Slotted in perfectly. Lloris is world class. Great play Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Great to see Kaboul back, replaced Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arwh ... parted like the red sea. Holy god

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

a sitter missed by JD ffs we need a 2nd still

should be 3-nil and wrapped up.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable save

some saaves by lorris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Lloris is my man of the match. Hasn't put a foot wrong.

Wooaahhhh. Jesus H. well done Lloris

good God, that just took 2 years off my life

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris is the best signing we've had in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

3 points on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Good stuff, nice to start with a win and a clean sheet. Plenty of work left to do all the same.

yes 3 points in the bag & we should have won it a lot more comfortably had JD & siggy had their shooting boots on.

I'll take that, nice to get an opening day win. New signings look quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Get in there ...

Nothing glamorous, but 3 points on the board.

Job done.

Capoue looks quality.
    Pauliho .. solid if unspectacular, will do better alongside Sandro/Capoue I reckon.
    Chandi.. showed moments of quality.
    Soldado... showed what we have been missing

Still need another striker though. And a LB.
    Great to see Kaboul back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Delighted, couldn't ask for more. Goldado on his debut, Paulinho motm on debut, Chadli put in a decent performance and our defence was largely good. Can't believe Defoe missed that chance, that's why he'll never be a 20 goal a season striker, that was as good as an easy chance as he'll get all season.

THFC wrote: »
    ...Goldado on his debut...

I think there's something wrong with your keyboard...that's like the 3rd time you've called him Goldado :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Capoue looks quality

Them **** in Sky Sports don't give a sh1t about us, only care about Mourinho, FFS

Kevin Phillips looked dangerous even at 40yrs old..still has that quality of finding space..Chamack not so much lol..
    I would have given motm to that Jedinak beast myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Kevin Keegan says we lack quality without Bale, what a tulip. We've beaten a well up for it side, could easily have been 3-0. Today we brought in 3-4 new players, 5 if you count Rose who hasn't played for us for ages. Very good result, I think the flair play will come, though we need a great season from Holtby/Siggy at AM or another addition.
    We're in a very good position going into this season and if Bale does stay we're really in with a shot for our highest finish in a long, long time.

At least Mourinho expects there to be 6 contenders, unlike all pundits and commentators who haven't given us any credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Pretty happy with that, was sweating near the end thinking Palace were gonna pull off the draw. Getting a bit sick and tired of Walker's mistakes, he is just too inconsistent and there is absolutely no pressure on him keeping that place with only Naughton challenging for it.

Sig looks a bit sharper this year, just needs to get that confidence and I honestly think he'll be unbelievable! Paulihno was solid as was Chadli, although I'd like to see someone with a bit more pace but lets hope Bale will fit into that slot once all the drama has died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Happy with that. AVB will have to do some passing practice though, Walker and Lennon especeilly. Be nice to have six points in the bag when we meet the other lot in a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Positive stuff, Soldado oozes quality, Jan & Younes nearly both there, Lloris is solid. Couple of shaky moments among the other defenders.

Sandro who?:D
    euMDAsu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Happy with that. AVB will have to do some passing practice though, Walker and Lennon especeilly. Be nice to have six points in the bag when we meet the other lot in a fortnight.

Well a lot of it stems from Walker being a massive attacking option he's constantly up the other end trying to spark something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I thought we were poor today,no urgency at all. We miss Luka terribly as we have nobody making killer forward passes or dictating the pace. We struggled all day to open up what's gonna be the worst team in the division.
    We are really gonna struggle to beat teams at home this season without Bale based on today.

Advertisement