Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Palace Away

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

golfball37 wrote: »
    I thought we were poor today,no urgency at all. We miss Luka terribly as we have nobody making killer forward passes or dictating the pace. We struggled all day to open up what's gonna be the worst team in the division.
    We are really gonna struggle to beat teams at home this season without Bale based on today.

They won;t be the worst team until they've been beaten a few times, they were well fired up for it and the changes they made gave them serious momentum in the last 20.

Agreed we need a creative player

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think Modric leaving has had by far the biggest effect on the team, he was the fulcrum of our team and dictated everything. I don't think Bale leaving will have as big an effect. *runs away and hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Kiith wrote: »
    I think there's something wrong with your keyboard...that's like the 3rd time you've called him Goldado :P
    I presumed he was doing it on purpose, as in GOLDado ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Couldn't get to see any of the game live today so had to do with highlights on MOTD,I'm a happy man with that result though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

tippspur wrote: »
    I presumed he was doing it on purpose, as in GOLDado ?

And I think he knew that, hence the :p!!!! :p

Didn't even cop to the Gold tho, just used Goldado because it sounds like Goal-dado in my head :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Is gol not goal in Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yep its his well earned nickname/pun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

THFC wrote: »
    I think Modric leaving has had by far the biggest effect on the team, he was the fulcrum of our team and dictated everything. I don't think Bale leaving will have as big an effect. *runs away and hides*

I was thinking the exact same myself. In fact you could argue that not being able to replace Modric as playmaker created the conditions for Bale to take over the role with a different style where he moved in towards centre and created his own chances. We moved alot more freely and were more threatening generally with Modric. We depended on Bale last year to dig out 1-0's in a fair few games with spectacular goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im delighted with 3 points yesterday.

The performance wasnt great but we had 3 new players in the starting 11 along with rose starting in a new system and im convinced that verttz was not fully fit. We went to a newly promoted side and kept a clean sheet and siggy and defoe should have added to the tally.

In comparison to the first few games of last year im really happy. The settled players obviously know the system being used.

Plus we had no bale, kaboul(barring 10 minutes), sandro, holtby or Ade. 3 if not 4 of those will be starting in our strongest 11 come the big games

coys!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Im delighted with 3 points yesterday.

The performance wasnt great but we had 3 new players in the starting 11 along with rose starting in a new system and im convinced that verttz was not fully fit. We went to a newly promoted side and kept a clean sheet and siggy and defoe should have added to the tally.

In comparison to the first few games of last year im really happy. The settled players obviously know the system being used.

Plus we had no bale, kaboul(barring 10 minutes), sandro, holtby or Ade. 3 if not 4 of those will be starting in our strongest 11 come the big games

coys!!!!!!!!

Agree. 3 points was the target and that's what we got. These first few games are all about getting points on the board, the performances will come once things settle down after the the window closes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

a win is a win but again,without bale we struggled to break them down.alot of teams will put men behind the ball against us and we'll struggle to break them down.we lack a creative spark to unlock a defense with a killer pass or a dribble.thought walker was shocking too

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

a win is a win but again,without bale we struggled to break them down.alot of teams will put men behind the ball against us and we'll struggle to break them down.we lack a creative spark to unlock a defense with a killer pass or a dribble.thought walker was shocking too

I think Walker is what he is, capable of brillance such as the 2 passes to lennon, to being very frustrating as in not knowing what to do when he has the ball in the opponents half and being all over the place defensively.

In general I thought he did ok and if he plays like that for the rest of the season he will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

If Bale is going, we need to get a VDV type player more than a Luka type player. Thats a lot of goals to betrying to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm sure it's been said but curently difficult to keep up with the threads as I'm busy with work.

Anyway.. Penalty first game of season as opposed to no penalty the entirety of last season. Already a very different season and we're just one game in...

Advertisement