Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/eFibre availability

Options
  • 12-08-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can someone tell me if the telephone number 045-879854 will ever be able to avail of either Eircom Broadband or eFibre.  It seems there are conflicting information being given from boh the website and different engineers.

Knd regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi

Can someone tell me if the telephone number 045-879854 will ever be able to avail of either Eircom Broadband or eFibre.  It seems there are conflicting information being given from boh the website and different engineers.

Knd regards.
    Hi cunnijo,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that your exchange is being upgraded between Oct-Dec '13 however the cabinet in your area/estate also needs to be enabled also for the service to work. I'm afraid we have no lead time on this but you can use our on-line checker or contact us back in January to get more information. Eircom will contact you when we have enabled your area so you can avail of the service.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi

Knd regards.
    Hi cunnijo,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that your exchange is being upgraded between Oct-Dec '13 however the cabinet in your area/estate also needs to be enabled also for the service to work. I'm afraid we have no lead time on this but you can use our on-line checker or contact us back in January to get more information. Eircom will contact you when we have enabled your area so you can avail of the service.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.  Can you please confirm which exchange the above number is assigned to - Naas or Carragh.  Also can you tell me if the current broadband offerings are available on this line.

Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi

Knd regards.
    Hi cunnijo,

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.  Can you please confirm which exchange the above number is assigned to - Naas or Carragh.  Also can you tell me if the current broadband offerings are available on this line.

Kind regards

Hi cunnijo,

No problem at all.

The telephone number is running from the Naas exchange.
    I have also tested the line and I'm afraid it's not capable of holding a broadband service, it seems to be the distance from the exchange is the issue. No broadband is able to be ordered on this line.

Hopefully when Fibre is enabled in your area you can avail of it.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement