Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry cleaning problem

Options
  • 12-08-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Folks, I had a ted baker dress dry cleaned but when I got it back the ted baker label on the zip was missing. They said that they can't find it and accept no responsibility for buttons. But this is not a button it's a ted baker label on a dress that cost me 200e! Any help appreciated? Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are you concerned that they switched the dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was it a loose hanging label attached to the zip (as opposed to the standard sewn-in label)?

Is it a visible zip with the label as part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably easiest to buy a new label on ebay or similar and replace it with?
    Since the dress isn't torn or so I'd guess it's very hard to get the cleaners to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Ya it's hanging label but u need it to help u zip dress otherwise awkward

• Advertisement

I guess you would need to prove it was on the dress to begin with :/

Was it a silk tag or a metal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Generally, dry-cleaners don't take responsibility for items that are "loose" i.e. buckles, buttons. This label does sound like it falls into that category. In fairness, something like that would be more prone to breaking off, even without a trip to the drycleaners.

How about calling into Hickey's and seeing if you can buy a short length of ribbon (that matches the dress) which you can put through the zip?

Advertisement