Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotherapist or similar (for phobia's)

Options
  • 12-08-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Right.
    Probably the weirdest thread I posted so far.

I have a ridiculous phobia of wasps and it has accelerated a lot this summer, to the extend that I can't do my gardening and turn into a frenzy panic when I see one of the little buggers.

To make matters worse: with a lot of them turning up since last week or so in my garden, I've had horrible nightmares for the last 4 nights involving wasps which wakes me up in an absolute terror state and then I can't get back to sleep...

So: I need to address this because it's starting to affect my daily life and is, in fairness, a wasp is really not that scary and my phobia is silly. But hey, tell that to my panicked body :(

Any recommendations for either hypnosis or behavioural psychotherapy, whatever might do the trick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

cognitive behaviour therapy. There is a girl in Skerries , Carmel Something with an F. She has a web page. That should help. And yes there does seem to be a lot of them around lately. Lemon oil keeps them away if I remember rightly.

Advertisement